 CAD / 11767
Re: ldraw based import parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:27:11 GMT

   LOL. I thought the only “custom” parts were Tom’s; I spent a week making his parts on an RP machine... only to be foiled by your custom parts! Oh well. I ended up modifying some of your designs anyway, because I don’t have a very large collection of parts - especially the hinges and sunroof pieces (does that one exist?). Also I don’t have a lot of doors, so the color schemes are rather limited..

I’m just waiting on my film to get developed; then I’ll post pictures. If you’re going to SIGGRAPH I’ll bring the parts there too - I managed to cobble together the hatchback and the one you call the Ford Focus. I think it looks more like a Scion XB, so that’s what I’m calling it! :)

Thanks for answering, and I hope you like my “real” versions of your digital MOCs!

Darrell

First, the rear hatch is part 4858 on peeron (see http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4858) just in transparent blue. Of course lego doesnt make the wedge in transparent colors, but thats the beauty of ldraw.

Yes, I actually made a few custom parts, some of them modified or finished version of Thomas Burgers. Most of my parts can be found here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=55702

The sunroof i usually use was a fairly standard piece back in the day: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2348b , unless there is a different one you are referring to.

I didnt realize you are making the actual version- I can’t wait to see the pics! I was going to attend Brickfest, but i just moved away from washiington a few weeks too early. siggraph isnt anywhere close either. Oh well...

Greg