 CAD / 11710
Re: ldraw based import parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 03:04:11 GMT

Hi Thomas, are you still around??

I think I'm finally going to be able to prototype some of these parts for you,
and I had a few questions:

Re: 42440

Is this a lowered chassis? Or is it the same as combining four 2x3 plates and
two 2x2s with axles? Just from looking at it I can't tell the difference. If
it's just a combination of those parts I'm going to skip making it. If it's
lowered I'll just make the axle part.

Also do the parts you've made with patterns (i.e. 42436, 3822, etc.) already
exist as real parts? In other words, is the only thing "new" about them their
patterns? Or, for example, is the door shorter? If they already exist in reality
(and LDraw) just not with the "tuner" graphics, then I won't bother trying to
make them.

Last question - I don't know how many parts I'll be able to make. Can you list
your top 5 choices? I know which ones I'd choose..

Darrell