 CAD / 11787
Re: My Big Phat RP Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:44:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:

Well, consider me blown away. I never imagined I would see actual pictures of those models but there they were.

Thanks, Greg, it means a lot to me that you like them. Now if we could only reach Tom Burger, that would be perfect - I tried to email him using the address on his last LUGNET post, but it bounced back to me. I guess I’ll try his website email again.

   I love the extra speakers in the scion too!

Gotta have ICE (In Car Entertainment, to those who don’t subscribe to Max Power Magazine)! I don’t have a really good picture of it, but there’s a HUGE Head unit inside as well - that’s why it can barely carry a single basketball!

   (btw, when i made that model scion wasnt sold in the US yet)

LOL. I swear that car was designed by AFOL. Just like the Element was designed by Megablox fans.. Anyone else think it’s funny the Brickshelf Google ad for that folder points to Scion dealerships? Hmmmm... Maybe there’s a promotional idea in there..

One word- wow.

Here’s another, for you - Thanks! This project was a great model of Internet collaboration - from Tom’s work to yours, to mine and my students’; LEGO to LDraw to CAD to STL to RP and back to LEGO. It’s all interconnected, man!

Feeling the flow of positive brick-energy,

Darrell