 CAD / 11766
Re: ldraw based import parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:03:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:

   Darrell

You seem to have linked the same picture twice, so i’m not sure which part you are referring to in terms of the rear canopy.

Whoops! I meant http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=433830 The Toyota Paseo.

   As for the second piece, I modified 6238 to reduce it by one stud length and created a new piece from this. Some people believe in only using parts that actually exist, I believe in making what you need! I can send you the part if you need it.

Greg Overkamp

LOL. I thought the only “custom” parts were Tom’s; I spent a week making his parts on an RP machine... only to be foiled by your custom parts! Oh well. I ended up modifying some of your designs anyway, because I don’t have a very large collection of parts - especially the hinges and sunroof pieces (does that one exist?). Also I don’t have a lot of doors, so the color schemes are rather limited..

I’m just waiting on my film to get developed; then I’ll post pictures. If you’re going to SIGGRAPH I’ll bring the parts there too - I managed to cobble together the hatchback and the one you call the Ford Focus. I think it looks more like a Scion XB, so that’s what I’m calling it! :)

Thanks for answering, and I hope you like my “real” versions of your digital MOCs!

Darrell