 CAD / 11762
Re: ldraw based import parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:57:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   Hi Thomas, are you still around??

OK, apparently Thomas has left the building..

I made a bunch of his parts, and now I’m attempting to make some of Gregory Overkamp’s MOCs. I’m having problems identifying some of the parts.

For example, in:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=228746, there appears to be a canopy of some sort forming the rear glass. Any idea what this part is? It looks like it’s 3x4x1, or perhaps 4x4x1. I can’t seem to find this part.

Similarly, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=228746 has two windscreens forming the “greenhouse” area of the car. If the front one is 4x4x1, then the rear one is 3x4x1 (which doesn’t exist). Or, if the rear one is 3x4x1-1/3, then the front one is 4x4x1-1/3, which also doesn’t exist.

Am I just not looking in the right place, or do these parts not exist in the libary? Can anyone else help? Gregory, perhaps?

Darrell

You seem to have linked the same picture twice, so i’m not sure which part you are referring to in terms of the rear canopy.

As for the second piece, I modified 6238 to reduce it by one stud length and created a new piece from this. Some people believe in only using parts that actually exist, I believe in making what you need! I can send you the part if you need it.

Greg Overkamp