 CAD / 9218
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:03:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin Clague writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
-I'm not so wild about the flex axle/ribbed hose implementation.  Is there
any way to specify the amount of ribs or the length of the axle and just
define the endpoints?  I find that using the constraint part to set the
length is inexact.

I'm not so wild about that either.  I want to try Frederick Glockner's
iterative approach to length.

This is basically what I wanted to suggest.  Fredrik's (and therefore my)
method is probably what should be used.  I really want all bendible part
synthesis to be united under one program.

Me too.  I'd also like it to be integratable into development environments.
This is why the actual synthesizer is a simple ASNI C program that can be
accessed via command prompt methods, whether that be unix or windows, and
all the actual synthesis information resides in the LDraw file.

I contacted Michael about integrating it into MLCAD, but he had already
added hose and two-pulley belt synthesizers.  I hope he considers
integrating it in the future, because I think the lsynth rubber band, tread,
chain synthesizer is superior in capabilities (we'll fix the file size issue
soon.)

Kevin

-Orion