 CAD / 9208
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:20:22 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H8qqq5.Bu9@lugnet.com...

-I'm not so wild about the flex axle/ribbed hose implementation.  Is there
any way to specify the amount of ribs or the length of the axle and just
define the endpoints?  I find that using the constraint part to set the
length is inexact.

Horses for courses I suppose, I found the constraint method (when applied to
pneumatic hoses) totally brilliant, in fact I can't imagine a simpler
system - it really comes into its own when the hoses are routed through
other parts. You do specify the hose length in the header of the synthesized
part, although it is not used at this time; if this does get implemented,
then presumably specifying the endpoints and length will do what you need.
Having the choice would certainly be interesting! Perhaps specifying "-1" or
somesuch for the length could indicate "let lsynth calculate the length".

Jennifer