 CAD / 9216
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:54:19 GMT

Hi Don,
  I'd love it if you would set up the project on sourceforge.  I know
nothing about sourceforge specifically, although I've use source code
control systems for many years.

  As we can see, there are plenty of wasy to improve lsynth, and I think it
will be a much better program if a community can work on it.  Right now the
code is split up into a half a dozen files or so, so it is ameanable to
having multiple people work on it, unlike LPub, which is one 8000 line
source file ;^(

  Do you want me to send you the code?

Kevin

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad, Ron Sedlmeyer writes:
I downloaded the program, opened a DOS window and typed "LSynth_setup.exe"
and got the following...

This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

Windows 2000 Professional.

Me too.  So then I typed "start LSynth_setup.exe" to give it a full windows
launch and got the quickly disappearing DOS window.  Same for Start/Run
LSynth_setup.exe and an explorer click on the executable.  Could it be
looking for something else that I haven't installed?

In lugnet.cad, Kevin Clague writes:
The setup was supposed to give you choices on where you wanted it to >>install, what program group you wanted start menus under, and confirm
that you wanted to install.

LSynth needs some special LDraw parts, so after it copies the parts
into the parts directory, it runs mklist (which is why the DOS window
pops up).

When it is all done, you should have an LSynth entry in your start menu.

Nothing there.

I want to release the actual synthesis program, lsynthcp to sourceforge
so >>many can work on it (hopefully some more mathematically inclined than
I ;^).  I intentionally wrote the synthesizer in ANSI C, so that it would
be portable to *real* operating systems (i.e. unix ;-) without any work.

Cool!  Do you need any help getting the sourceforge project started?
It used to be a challenge getting CVS and SSH and all that stuff running
on Windows.  I'm not sure if it still is.

Don