 CAD / 9212
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:59:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
Some comment about L-Synth:

-I Really like the rubber bands\treads\chain feature.  This is insanely useful.

I'm pretty excited about that one myself.  Currently it really only handles
rubber bands as belts.  I also need to add (because I need it in a model)
the ability to have non-planar belts, and non-belts (constrained by bricks,
liftarms and such).

-I'm not so wild about the flex axle/ribbed hose implementation.  Is there
any way to specify the amount of ribs or the length of the axle and just
define the endpoints?  I find that using the constraint part to set the
length is inexact.

I'm not so wild about that either.  I want to try Frederick Glockner's
iterative approach to length.

-Again, I would like a zip file distribution of this program.  I rearrage
the directory structure of my Lego folder occasionally and Windows doesn't
like that.  Also, I would appreciate the option not to run MKLIST.

It is on the list.

Kevin

-Orion