 CAD / 9204
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:09:20 GMT

OK! I downloaded it again and it works!

What I do not understand though is why the fiber optic cable in the example
has to be almost 2 Mb?
And all files seem rather large. Like the rubber band that spans 2 wheels
(lsynth_band2 in the example file). Can the straight pieces not be one small
segment stretched? You can do this by hand of course, but if the program
could figure that out, it would be great!

It is a great program. I especially like the option to create chains.

What will be the future of it? Will it be able to synthesize
73590B.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L with Tabs (Complete Assembly Shortcut)
73590A.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L without Tabs (Complete Assembly Shortcut)

Thanks Kevin!

Jaco

"Ron Sedlmeyer" <rons@cisco.com> schreef in bericht

Your download link

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/lsynth/LSYnth_setup.exe

is 404 (not found).

  Ron

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Clague writes:
I'm pleased to announce the internet release of LSynth 2.0, a bendable • part
synthesizer for the LDraw family of CAD tools.

2.0 synthesizes:
Ribbed hoses
Flex-System hoses
Flexible axles
Pneumatic hoses
Electric cables
Fiber Optic Cables
Rubber bands
Rubber Treads
Chains
Plastic Tread Chains

The rubber bands, treads and chains are new to 2.0.

Rubber bands support as many pulleys as you want, with pulleys inside and
outside the band.  LSynth also supports rubber bands that cross over • themselves.

Chains and treads have similar capabilities.

You can get LSynth at http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague

This program is described in our new book <a
href="http://www.syngress.com/catalog/sg_main.cfm?pid=2400">"LEGO • Software
Power Tools"</a> by Syngress Publishing.

Enjoy!

Kevin