 CAD / 8475
Re: Chrome Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:39:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
..they're batched up currently, I write a file like:
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3001.dat
0 STEP
0 CLEAR
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3002.dat
0 STEP
0 CLEAR
and put 100 parts through LDLite at one system call.

Ouch, I just tried this in ldglite with the following command

  ldglite foo.ldr -s3 -w3 -MS -q

and found not one, but 4 different bugs I have to fix.

1.  I need to increase the calculated image extents by the half
the linewidth to get all of the wide lines at the edges of the
saved cropped image files.

2.  I need to reset the image extents after a 0 CLEAR so the
second image is cropped correctly.

3.  I need to fix a bug with the -q switch.  When you use -q the
image after the 0 CLEAR shows only the nice antialiased lines.
(Something else to reset after a 0 CLEAR).  It works ok if you
skip the -q though.

4.  It put the bitmap files in the right directory, but it named
them foo1.bmp and foo2.bmp instead of foo---01.bmp and foo---02.bmp
like ldlite.  Not sure if I should really call this a bug, but
it might break any scripts you've wrapped around ldlite.

I was happy however that the offscreen rendering worked as advertised.
And I only just found out about 0 CLEAR recently, so I'm not surprised
to find some bugs in that code.

Don