 CAD / 8469
Re: Chrome Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:47:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

Why don't you try using ldglite for the chrome pieces (or all of them.)

That's a possibility.

It should be a drop in replacement for the ldlite command line, thick
edges and all, plus you could do antialiased thick lines with -q.
I'm pretty sure I added code to render gold and silver with a specular
highlight instead of the yucky dithering.

Hmm...

Gold:   http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/images/334/3001.png
Silver: http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/images/383/3001.png

The gold looks interesting; not exactly "gold plated", but definitely
distinctive.  But the silver looks remarkably normal.  Maybe you
implemented shiny-silver as a different color code?  Grepping the source
code for 334 doesn't turn up anything super-interesting (ie, I missed
it).

You can also use the offscreen
rendering if you want to make it more of a batch operation.

Hmm, does that work in the Windows version?

Steve