 CAD / 8468
Re: Chrome Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

Which leads us back to ldglite.  Since I let opengl do the linewidths
it supports 2x or 4x or even 2.5x (any floating point will do).

The linewidth isn't important, I just use it in conjunction with the
scale up/down to get anti-aliasing and lines with normal widths.

On the other hand, while I think you'll be satisfied with the gold and
silver colors, I'm not sure I implemented the other dithered colors
right.  Which colors are supposed to be dithered, and is there really
any reason to dither them?

None of the standard/extended colors are *supposed* to be dithered.
Only the non-standard colors between 256 and 511 should be dithered.

Let's see, right now, we've got defined codes (in the dithering range)
for:

Dark red       320
Gold           334
Sand red       335
Sand violet    373
Sand green     378
Sand blue      379
Chrome         383
Silver         383
Bright Green   418 (not very common)
Elec. Contacts 494 (yellow)
Light gray     503 (not available, except for 1x1 plates)

Does ldglite recognize LDLite's 0 COLO[U]R meta-statement, for
redefining the properties of colors?

Steve