 CAD / 8486
Re: Chrome Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:33:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

I'll have to test these in ldglite and see how they compare to ldlite.
Does ldlite render them correctly?

By 'correctly', do you mean does ldlite generate solid-colors for these
values?  Yes, for some.  I haven't tried all of them.

PartsrefBuilder uses custom color definitions for all colors, which
pretty much totally bypass the regular color definitions, especially the
color codes in the extended range (256-511) (because the version of
LDLite I have (2.4) doesn't allow color codes in the dithered range
(256-511) to be redefined on the COLOR statement).

Some of those color names sound
newer than the most recent version of ldlite.

I didn't pull the color names from ldlite, I got them from the official
reference on ldraw.org, <http://www.ldraw.org/reference/specs/colors>.

Steve