 CAD / 8470
Re: Chrome Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
The linewidth isn't important, I just use it in conjunction with the
scale up/down to get anti-aliasing and lines with normal widths.

Yes and it works the same way on ldglite.  There's also a tutorial
on how to do this with the tools on ldraw.org if you want cut out
the Windows box.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=5344

Let's see, right now, we've got defined codes (in the dithering range)
for:

Dark red       320
Gold           334
Sand red       335
Sand violet    373
Sand green     378
Sand blue      379
Chrome         383
Silver         383
Bright Green   418 (not very common)
Elec. Contacts 494 (yellow)
Light gray     503 (not available, except for 1x1 plates)

I'll have to test these in ldglite and see how they compare to ldlite.
Does ldlite render them correctly?  Some of those color names sound
newer than the most recent version of ldlite.

Does ldglite recognize LDLite's 0 COLO[U]R meta-statement, for
redefining the properties of colors?

Yes.  It uses the exact same code to parse .ldr file when you use
the ldlite parser in ldglite.  Remember ldglite started out as a
portable version of ldlite.  I just added some stuff because I wanted
a portable version ledit, l3lab and a few goodies of my own, but the
ldlite source code is all still there.

I recently added 0 COLOR support in l3 parser in ldglite.  I'm not sure
if that was before or after the latest release, but apparently I should
add support for 0 COLOUR as well.  Oops.

Don