 CAD / 13830
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:36:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I'd prefer not to disallow LDView.... Travis put in a lot of work, specifically
for LPub and I appreciate that very much.

Well FWIW I never got LDview working with LPub. I get a windows error when it
tries to execute. But the results I'm getting with ldglite are now good enough
that I didn't continue trying.

However I got LDView working fine and much prefer its output to that of ldglite
so I would be sad if it went away ;)

Furthermore you choosing ldglite is a
personal preference.  I prefer not to impose too much personal preference on
other people through coding.

I agree. The Povray options are all pretty neatly contained, if you set ldglite
(or LDview) as your default renderer, there's really no need to remove the other
options, just ignore them.

ROSCO

Agreed. Perhaps a warning on the LDView that it has troubles on some systems.

Tim