 CAD / 13825
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 18:51:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
I downloaded and installed LPub ver 2.3.0.10 (that's the version I found linked
from the page at the very beginning of this thread)

This page http://www.kclague.net/LPub/ has a link to version 2.4.10.0, I would
recommend upgrading all the way.

Yup, that's the page I used.  And the install .exe is called
LPub_2_4_10_0_setup.exe.  But when I do Help > About it says it's ver 2.3.0.10.

Now I'm really confused.  :)

Me too....  I really hate version numbers..... I get them wrong often, and
forget to change them in some places.

It does have that ldglite button.  I used the button to show it where ldglite is
installed.  It now allows me to pick it from the list of renderers.  But when I
select ldglite as the renderer it looks like LPub is still calling POV-Ray to do
the rendering.  I'm confused.  Any thoughts?

Does it actually call povray, or just give messages "Creating X.POV"? LPub still
creates the POV files, even if it's using a different renderer.

It seems to call POV-Ray on some attempts.  Then on other attempts it seems to
be calling ldglite.  When it does call ldglite, it opens the ldglite.exe window,
but there's no action.

Just checked... it's creating the .dat files and the .pov files for the
instruction steps, but won't seem to create the images to match.

It will create the 'complete model' image, but not the steps.

Help?

AB

Sorry, I've been very focused on work..... the chip came back Monday.

This sometimes POV, sometimes ldglite issue is a new one to me.

As Rosco said, it always runs l3p no matter what the renderer.

As always, you could send me your local config.lpub, global config.lpub and your
model file.

If you'd like I can email you a copy of ldglite that works.

<fwip! the curtain is drawn back>
Hello from Japan (a little well deserved time in port).  Since I'm currently the
code manager for LPub, I've been looking into streamlining the code somewhat so
I'll look into this specific issue (believe me, I have the time).  Also, is a
"lite" version of LPub that only uses ldglite (and not POV-Ray) something anyone
would find desirable?
<fwip! pay no attention to the man behind the curtain>

-Orion

P.S. I'll be back full time at the end of September.  In the mean time check out
the pictures of my travels (including me with a beard) at my website:
http://www.pobursky.com

Ohio Gozymez Orion-san!

We are still a team aren't we?

Hmmmm......  in your absence I have made some changes related to PLI, and
Layout, so we'll have to reconoiter.  I fixed a number of memory leaks also.

I could see LPub having a "just building instructions" mode, and then the single
picture mode.  Right now those two modes are both visible at the same time and
people find that confusing.

I don't like the ldglite only version......you'll still need L3P to get camera
distances for each step.  What is your motivation for such a move?

I'd prefer not to disallow LDView.... Travis put in a lot of work, specifically
for LPub and I appreciate that very much.  Furthermore you choosing ldglite is a
personal preference.  I prefer not to impose too much personal preference on
other people through coding.

For building instructions I could see discarding POV-Ray et. al.

Welcome back to the surface!

Kevin