 CAD / 13829
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:54:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Ohio Gozymez Orion-san!

We are still a team aren't we?

But of course.  I simply thought I'd trow out some ideas.

Hmmmm......  in your absence I have made some changes related to PLI, and
Layout, so we'll have to reconoiter.  I fixed a number of memory leaks also.

Due to a harddrive problem underway and my relative inexperience with C, I was
unable to do any work on LPub.  I haven't been able to sync with the current CVS
version but I'll make sure to do that before I leave again.

I could see LPub having a "just building instructions" mode, and then the single
picture mode.  Right now those two modes are both visible at the same time and
people find that confusing.

I don't like the ldglite only version......you'll still need L3P to get camera
distances for each step.  What is your motivation for such a move?

I'd like a fast render version of LPub.  A lot of the early problems with
newbies was getting them to understand POV-Ray.

I'd prefer not to disallow LDView.... Travis put in a lot of work, specifically
for LPub and I appreciate that very much.  Furthermore you choosing ldglite is a
personal preference.  I prefer not to impose too much personal preference on
other people through coding.

I agree.  I was specifically looking to decouple the POV-Ray side of LPub from
the fast render side of LPub.  Maybe make POV-Ray an "advanced" user option?

For building instructions I could see discarding POV-Ray et. al.

Welcome back to the surface!

For now.  I'm going back underway soon.  The next 2 ports we pull into my or may
not have access so it my be a couple of months before I post again.

-Orion