 CAD / 13814
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:27:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
On the Rendering tab I only have drop-down boxes and check boxes. There are no
buttons.  I'm wondering if this is a version issue?  Is the ldglite button
present in a more recent version of LPub?

I have the 2.4.8.0. But there is a tab in tab! there is a "LDGLite/LDView"
subtab in "renderer" tab. Maybe you missed that?

That tab is only to allow custom options to be sent to the renderer - the
buttons to provide the renderer executable details should be beside the
drop-down box. And it should be present in all 2.4.x versions I think, but Kevin
could confirm that.

I'm currently sitting at version 2.2.0.0.  Is it necessary to upgrade to ver
2.4.8.0 in order to implement ldglite as the renderer?  Or can it be done using
the version of LPub I have installed now?

I'm pretty sure ldglite support was added after 2.2

I'm a bit nervous about upgrading,
since I am just about to render my next BrickJournal model.  But if the upgrade
path is reasonably safe, I'd like to try it.

Well, I must admit I have had my share of LPub installation and use problems,
but I do think they've decreased over time, so I'd probably recommend the
upgrade.

As much as I like the results from
MEGA POV-Ray, I'm getting the impression that ldglite produces more-or-less the
same results, but faster.

Well, the ldglite edge-lines are way superior to megapov. And it is way faster.

ROSCO