 CAD / 13827
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 04:56:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
Unfortunately my LDraw folders/files are a mess right now. I basically did
whatever micro tweaks and hacks I had to do in order to produce the images for
my book, but in doing so I sort of knew in the back of my mind that I was only
making things worse long term.  As I noted to Travis, I think I may have to drop
back to the older LPub > MEGA POV-Ray to get this BrickJournal article done.
Then I really should reinstall everything cleanly.

If you'd like a quick clean install of the parts library, you can test out the
new LDView feature that does this for you automatically.  All you need to do is
rename your existing LDraw directory (so LDView won't find it), then run the
LDView.exe found in the following zip and open a model:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/LDView-LibraryUpdateTest.zip

When it asks you if you already have LDraw, tell it no.  Then pick the directory
above where you want it to create an LDraw directory.  Then, sit back as it
hopefully downloads and installs everything for you automatically.

Note: this works fine for me on my home computer and my work computer, and the
Linux version works fine on my home computer and on Peter Bartfai's computer.
So I'm fairly confident that it will work for you.  But it is a brand new
feature, and hasn't been fully tested, so there's a chance it won't work.  If
you need to use an http proxy server, go into the Updates tab in LDView's
Preferences, and configure it there.

--Travis