 CAD / 13823
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Sorry, I've been very focused on work..... the chip came back Monday.

No worries.  I appreciate your input when you have time.  We all have lots of
other things going on though.  :)

This sometimes POV, sometimes ldglite issue is a new one to me.

Let me try to recreate that one.  I was probably confusing myself that night.
It was late and I was trying to run through a few attempts and have probably
mixed up some of the results.  I do software testing and documentation at work,
so of course at home I am usually not paying as close attention as I should.  I
promise to do better.  :)

As always, you could send me your local config.lpub, global config.lpub and your
model file.

Here's another place where I may have screwed up.  I forgot to uninstall the
older LPub before installing the new version.  They did end up in two different
places and both seem to run, but I'm wondering if there are any file conflicts
that I've created.

Unfortunately my LDraw folders/files are a mess right now. I basically did
whatever micro tweaks and hacks I had to do in order to produce the images for
my book, but in doing so I sort of knew in the back of my mind that I was only
making things worse long term.  As I noted to Travis, I think I may have to drop
back to the older LPub > MEGA POV-Ray to get this BrickJournal article done.
Then I really should reinstall everything cleanly.

If you'd like I can email you a copy of ldglite that works.

Yes, please.  If you have time.

Thanks!
Allan