 CAD / 13818
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 02:46:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
I downloaded and installed LPub ver 2.3.0.10 (that's the version I found linked
from the page at the very beginning of this thread)

This page http://www.kclague.net/LPub/ has a link to version 2.4.10.0, I would
recommend upgrading all the way.

Yup, that's the page I used.  And the install .exe is called
LPub_2_4_10_0_setup.exe.  But when I do Help > About it says it's ver 2.3.0.10.

Now I'm really confused.  :)

Hmmm yeah me too - I must admit I didn't actually try that link, I'm still using
2.4.8.0. You might have success changing the 10 in that URL to an 8.

It does have that ldglite button.  I used the button to show it where ldglite is
installed.  It now allows me to pick it from the list of renderers.  But when I
select ldglite as the renderer it looks like LPub is still calling POV-Ray to do
the rendering.  I'm confused.  Any thoughts?

Does it actually call povray, or just give messages "Creating X.POV"? LPub still
creates the POV files, even if it's using a different renderer.

It seems to call POV-Ray on some attempts.  Then on other attempts it seems to
be calling ldglite.  When it does call ldglite, it opens the ldglite.exe window,
but there's no action.

Just checked... it's creating the .dat files and the .pov files for the
instruction steps, but won't seem to create the images to match.

It will create the 'complete model' image, but not the steps.

Hmmmm not sure, What version ldglite do you have installed? What options are set
in LPub's ldglite options tab? I'm using 1.1.6 with "-fh -w1 -q" (which I think
is the default).

ROSCO