 CAD / 13822
Re: LPub 2.4.8.0 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:33:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:

   I just tried LPub to see if I had problems. It worked fine for me when I did the following:
  • Downloaded LPub marked as 2.4.10.0 (which reports 2.3.0.10 when installed)
  • Launched LPub and pointed it to my LDraw directory
  • Clicked on the Renderer tab, then hit the LDView button
  • Pointed it at LDView 3.0 (latest official LDView release, NOT my development version of LDView)
  • Made sure I had an LPub preference set in LDView that was configured the way I wanted things to look
  • Loaded car.dat
  • Ran Generate->Complete Model
  • Ran Generate->CSIs, PLIs and BOM
  • Ran Generate->CSI Web Pages

Hi Travis,

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded LDView and go it installed with no problems. I ran LPub and it was able to use LDView to produce the PLIs and the BOM images, but not the CSIs.

I’m going to respond to a couple other messages in this thread with more info. I have a bad feeling my LDraw install (parts, apps, folders etc) is completely messed up. Problem is that right now I don’t have time to devote to starting from scratch. I may end up using MEGA POV-Ray for this article and then I’ll have to dump everything and start over.

Thanks! Allan