 CAD / 1202
Re: L3PAO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:57:47 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
My LDRAW environment variable is set like this:  LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW

Let me check my LDRAW.INI file.  Hmm...  L3PPath=\ and POVPath=\, that
doesn't sound right.  OK, I'm fixing L3PPath=c:\ldraw\ and POVPath=
c:\program files\pov-ray\ .  Now when I click "Run L3P", it runs, but then
it (L3P) errors out and says "*** Too many filenames."

Maybe L3PAO is passing the POVPath to L3P on the command line without
surrounding it in double-quotes?  Let's test that theory.  Aha--bingo --
I just copied my POV-Ray directory from where it really is to a path
C:\foopov containing no space characters, and now it creates the .pov file.

Well anyway, thanks for pointing me to L3PAO -- I look forward to using it
soon!  (I just need to find more spare time for this sort of thing first. :)

--Todd

that was the funniest, one-sided, tech-support-yourself conversation i've never
been a part of... heheehe..

yeah...problem #1 is the long filenames... L3P doesn't like them and i don't
pass it the 8.3 version... i check to make sure the output filename is 8.3, but
i don't check the path... i'll look into fixing that on the next point
release..