 CAD / 1111
Re: 1x1 and 2x2 chess sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 03:22:07 GMT

Mookie wrote in message <36D9F135.438D0E8B@execpc.com>...
Someone got some hints on better camera views though? I'm having one
hell of a time adjusting the camera to get the shots I really want.

I'm not sure this will help, but I copy the L3P model into a scene file I
have set up that has a background and camera effects like lens flares.
Since the camera in the scene is looking down the Z axis to start and I use
the ROTATE keyword to move it around the LOOK AT point by using the
following:

camera {
location <0,0,-2700>
    rotate y*.25*360
  look_at  <24.303,-18.8814,-73.0234>
}

You can use this method for any of axis or all three.  Those who have used
it will immediately recognize that by substituting the keyword CLOCK for .25
you can animate the scene about the Y axis.  Don't do this if your in a
hurry and can't wait.

If you'd like to look at some of the published product you can look here

http://members.theglobe.com/Stonewall9/test.htm

The first picture of each design was produced with method above.

Roy