 Aquazone / 663
Re: Announcing the Aquarium: the new Sea Monkey home.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:48:58 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Felix Greco writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaPriest/p2200014.jpg

I like the double robes and shoulders, but the mid section looks a bit
ackward.  I've been toying around myself and haven't come up with much better...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/felixisgr8/SeaMonkeys/WebPage/smpriests.jpg

Even if these guys don't become priests, we're still increasing the society
wardrobe ;)

Actually, I really like the manta cape!

I'm thinking about things like other beast and crafts and ceremonial items

Like an octopus based beast....but I haven't figured its look yet

This was years ago, but back when the hydronauts debuted down at the Orlando
IC, they did a diorama with a giant octopus Sea Beast attacking the
hydronauts.  It was outstanding.  The head was buried in the sand and
tenticles were reaching up in all directions to attack(a la return of the jedi).

So what did they make the tentacles from?

The poster can probably wait until closer to BF, but if you try your hand at
any graphics, I'm sure they'd be better than anything I'd make.  I'll throw
them up on the Aquarium.

I'm thinking about the graphics. Got a Town/Space project that's on my agenda to
get done by Friday that's taken precedence, tho.

What about the helmeted ones?They could be combat SMs. (and I don't really
know how you got the hemet on, but I'll venture that you used a 1x1 clip
part to a minifig head)

Yes, many thanks to Tim Deering for this idea.  1 x 1 clip, but no minifig
head.  The helmet will fit snugly on to the square.

That Tim Derring...he's one of the quiet builders:)

Looking forward to your stuff!

Joe

I got in some hot water for using the department digital camera for
non-biological purposes.  So, the wife and I are looking at buying one.
Probably won't post much until then, but I'm excited to talk about it.

First things first- as soon as I got some free time, I went out and bought a
cloud car so I could make a prawn.  Too cool!  Once that set goes on sale,
I'll have a prawn ranch.

LOL! That would be something to see...a prawn group

I also decided my hydronauts were forming an alliance with my Sea Monkeys.
I'm making a modular sea base that will be next to a Sea Monkey village.
For the village, I'm making blue cliffs that resemble the aquazone poster,
and I'm making bubble-ish looking dwellings in the side of them.  No totems yet.

I'm looking forward to that!

Joe Meno