 Aquazone / 634
Re: Announcing the Aquarium: the new Sea Monkey home.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:11:26 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Felix Greco writes:
I threw a robe on a SM last night and was very suprised at how sharp it
looked.  Very becoming.  But, no need to make decisions at this time.  Maybe
we can come up with something cooler soon.

How about this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaPriest/p2200014.jpg

Sounds cool to me...I did a possible priest SM and will post it soon.

(that's it above^)

There's some other things that I am percolating in my head:)...underwater
stuff is a completely new area for me, and it's been a lot of fun playing
and thinking about this.

Cheers to that :)

I'm thinking about things like other beast and crafts and ceremonial items

Like an octopus based beast....but I haven't figured its look yet

I've been turning over ideas for the prawn.  I consider myself a spacer as
well as a castle-head.  The idea of mounted Sea Monkey's really hits the
best of both worlds.

I'm a spacer, too, but this area has the virtue of being unexplored, so
there's the completely different challenges to be dealt with, and with the
organic design being thought about, I'm getting a healthy respect for Bionicle.

The chariot sounds like a cool idea, too!

I'm up for it! I'm going to try my hand at doing graphics for the SMs and
see what I can come up with.

Great, I'd be happy to throw anything you like on the Aquarium with your
approval.  I guess a poster can wait until the summer.  But its something to
look forward to.

Actually, a poster could be done sooner, if you want. I do advertsing art in
my real job, so I work with most programs..and I can sketch out stuff too,
if need be!

Good point.  There's one particular LoM figure with a techno-strap over his
forehead?  I envinsioned this as the portable sphere enhancer.

I got him. Makes perfect sense.

What about the helmeted ones?They could be combat SMs. (and I don't really
know how you got the hemet on, but I'll venture that you used a 1x1 clip
part to a minifig head)

Thats funny, because I did that on purpose.  The metabolism diagram is
actually a spanish language diagram of plant gas exchange in the thylakoid
space.  So I made it smaller so it just looked technical.  But, actual
blow-ups of the physiology could be fun.  Thats something I could do at
work, and people might actually think I'm working :^o

I can always try during lunch:)

Joe, do you have an AIM identity?  Usually in the daytime some of us spacers
hang out in Bricklug Chat and talk brick on company time.  If you do have an
AIM identity, invite yourelf to chat at Bricklug Chat, there's usually
always a small group chatting in there.

I do have an AIM account (jmenomeno) but I got into a little hot water about
using AIM at work, so I'm usually on late night. I have spent many an hour
on  the chat, and it's a fun place!

Hate to bring up work in this venue, but I have a big deadline friday
afternoon which is dominating my time.  After that, I plan to go home, take
the phone off the hook, and build my stress away.  Hopefully I can turn out
some cool SM stuff.

Until then...

Felix
http://www.lugnet.com/~94