 Aquazone / 621
Re: Announcing the Aquarium: the new Sea Monkey home.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:42:28 GMT

There are a couple of things that come to mind:
Chris Giddens came up with a really cool angle on the Attack Crab beuiing
built with the assistance of the Fleebnorks, hence the shape...I completely
missed that and really am a little envious that Chris spotted it. But it's a
great thing to place into the history, especially since the Sea Monkeys are
in a state of war.

Yah, it'll be fun to come up with ideas about their alliance in future.  The
idea was thrown out for comic releif before.

The other thing is that if Sea Monkeys can read minds, that pretty much
eliminates the choice of using manned craft against them...which means that
Alpha Team is out of luck on trying to attack with things other than
drones...but Ogel can still use his zombies...

I'm not sure about that.  I guess I should give a low down on the thoughts I
had on the SMs a little further down.

(this is what happens when I have long drives to work...I start thinking
about these things)

Oh yeah, when I was working for corporate America (I won't name the company,
but it rhymes with Fate Starm), I thought about this stuff non-stop.  It
helped the time go by.  Lesson learned; life is too short- take the risks
that will make you happy, but I digress....

Anyways, just wanted to post a note of congrats on this site! if you want, I
can email you some other thoughts that I had about the Sea Monkeys.

Let's keep this thread going in .aquazone.  Though it may appear the two of
us are having a lone conversation, someone may have a cool idea who's been
reading along.  I want the Sea Monkeys to be owned by the Lugnet community
since its conception was born from it.

Let me give some brief thoughts about the way I had been thinking about SMs
and that might aim our building ideas.  I had envisioned thier telepathey as
limited; so, the SMs of a village could communicate with each other
unlimited, but further distance would require technical assitance (like some
kind of telepathy enhancement device).  Telepathy is weird; a lot of our
society is based on the quest to communicate ideas through words and art.
But, in a society where they could read thoughts and emotion, the social
interaction would have to be totally different.  So, what is important to
SMs?  If they're fighting the spacers, then why?  Is there something they
understand that humans don't?

As far as building, I wanted to throw something up on the site with
suggestions.  For example, SMs probably wouldn't have wheeled vehicles.  I
also think SM creations should look as organic as possible.  But I'm open
for suggestion.

Felix
http://www.lugnet.com/~94