 Aquazone / 628
Re: Announcing the Aquarium: the new Sea Monkey home.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:21:03 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Felix Greco writes:

And if the tail was the center of respiration and feeding, then they
wouldn't need their life support gear in the head, but in the tail.

Which means we don't have to worry about "land gear" for the head.  Though
its logical to assume they shouldn't stay out of the water for too long.

Agrred. Or else they would have invaded LONG ago:)

Why this? Well, I kept on thinking about the teleporter they have and the
god that works it...what if that teleporter needed an icon or special object
to function? And how do make the item special to everyone else? You bless it
and make it very ornate and important, and you have someone to protect and
be able to repair it..hence the priests.

Thats a good idea.  How do we make preists then?  We could make it one color
(like white) or a particualr thing that fits onto the SM.  Let's toy with
the idea a bit more.

The priests could be defined by something as simple as a long robe..the
longer, the more senior. Or maybe a body plate with a long robe. It would be
neat to take advantage of the fact that there is no height to deal with as
we do, so there could be really tall suits. ANd if you went further with
this, the longer robes would define seniority because the longer the robe,
the higher access you have to the gods of the given area.

Is there any way we could fit things on the head?

I'm also thinking about suits of armor for the SMs

If the SM tails came in more than just white or black I'd be more inclined
to agree.  But, perhaps we should try modifying a SM outfit.  Kind of like
the way Katoro Ono does his mini-figs...

I'm thinking about that... did some not so successful things, and will work
more on that. And the tail color is limiting.

Another thought is to use the Bohrok headpieces as SM priest tails..they are
transparent...and different colors.

And the totems and masks are great ideas, especially for building. The war
banners have sorta already been working themselves in what I am creating,
though I came up with markings on the 'saddles' of the creature I built.
Makes a lot of sense though, so I'll be working the banners into the MOCs.

I'm excited to see them.

Well, the Scout Prawn has a marker banner on its sides and saddle, but it's
not that visible. I'll need to work on that more. And a flag can be placed
on the SM's back.

Bad energy crystal crop for the cycle ;^)
Yeah, that would be bad too:)

Joe