 Aquazone / 627
Re: Announcing the Aquarium: the new Sea Monkey home.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:50:58 GMT

A possible idea would be that the SMs could absorb materials from their skin
or their tail. The tails are the largest part of their anatomy (and a real
PAIN to build around:)) so it would make sense that they would have a
practical purpose for them along with swimming.

This would also give a reason as to why they stay in the water...sea water
has a lot of materials in it that could be used that isn't present in tap
water or air.

And if the tail was the center of respiration and feeding, then they
wouldn't need their life support gear in the head, but in the tail.

Which means we don't have to worry about "land gear" for the head.  Though
its logical to assume they shouldn't stay out of the water for too long.

That's a neat idea...the sprituality would give a reason as to why SM tech
is so different. If you choose to become spiritual, you would direct your
inventions in that area.

Another question  is: if there are gods, that would impy those who were
priests...priviliged SMs that had special training or abilities to
communicate with the gods. A thought that crossed my mind is that there
might be a class system in place...the priests and then everyone else. The
priests could actually have the knowledge to create their buildings and
bless them...and the rest were the followers, to a certain extent.

Why this? Well, I kept on thinking about the teleporter they have and the
god that works it...what if that teleporter needed an icon or special object
to function? And how do make the item special to everyone else? You bless it
and make it very ornate and important, and you have someone to protect and
be able to repair it..hence the priests.

Thats a good idea.  How do we make preists then?  We could make it one color
(like white) or a particualr thing that fits onto the SM.  Let's toy with
the idea a bit more.

(I can see a group of SMs sent on a quest to retrieve the things needed to
create an Icon of  Transference....and it sounds suspiciously like the
materials needed to make a circuitboard..but I digress)

The priest class could also be the leadership of the SMs. And their
distinguishing part would be the tail color...white or black.

If the SM tails came in more than just white or black I'd be more inclined
to agree.  But, perhaps we should try modifying a SM outfit.  Kind of like
the way Katoro Ono does his mini-figs...

And the totems and masks are great ideas, especially for building. The war
banners have sorta already been working themselves in what I am creating,
though I came up with markings on the 'saddles' of the creature I built.
Makes a lot of sense though, so I'll be working the banners into the MOCs.

I'm excited to see them.

But it could be that the SMs are planning for an invasion, with outposts and
weapons and aquaformers being made and sent over...

I like that idea.

This also makes for a neat storyline to play with

The SMs could still have gates (and that would be a good reason to use the LOM
gates, parts-wise) to travel quickly long distances.

Just make sure you pay homage to the interstellar gate god, lest you incur
his wrath!

One wonders what his wrath would be...vaporization?

Bad energy crystal crop for the cycle ;^)