 Announcements / 2406 (-100)
  Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

After many months of hard work and waiting, my new book "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" is almost here! As we speak, the bulk of the books are on a ship on its way to San Francisco, and should arrive any time. I'll follow-up with a final release (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: GATS Display

Good Morning, here is a link to pix of our 1st Great American Train Show this last weekend: (URL) you enjoy. We are planning to do 3 more this year. Our Layout is a 8' x 12' table and we have plans to increase it to 12' x 12' with a 4' x 4' open (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.mo.spr, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl)

  Re: COLTC to dispaly at GATS, Feb 7-8, Columbus, OH. Our 1 year anniversary!!!

(...) Congradulations! We here in St. Louis just finished our 1st GATS with 3 more shows planned for this year. Here is a link to pix of our 'modest' 8' x 12' Layout. We are planning to attend the March GATS in Collinsville, Ill. with an expanded (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce)

  Still one month for submitting posters

Hi everybody! This is a reminder that the 2003-2004 LEGO Movie Poster Contest ends February 29th. There is still almost s month from now to then, and as usual, many people plan on waiting til the last minute before getting in, but there are only 5 (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce)

  COLTC to dispaly at GATS, Feb 7-8, Columbus, OH. Our 1 year anniversary!!!

Coming weekend, the Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) will have a 25x25 foot layout at the Columbus GATS, at the Ohio Expo Center (for directions visit www.coltc.org or www.gats.com). Show hours are 11 AM - 5 PM both days, Adult admission is $7, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

Hey guys. It's time for a contest: (URL) Like the page says, this is a contest for spacecraft that look like the Lockheed P-38 Lightning. I figure we can use a poll here on LUGNET to decide the winner, unless we get a massive amount of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Dual Winners for LDraw.org's January Model Of The Month, February Voting Open

Yes, that's right, there is a tie for January Model of the Month. The competition was fierce and we came within 1 vote of a tie in the SOTM and missed a 3 way win in the MOTM by 1 vote as well. Congratulations to the winners: MOTM, Jorgen Andersson, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Transport to Moonbase PDX now available via New Seattle

It's too quiet in New Seattle... click the image to see what is (isn't) up! (URL) Where is everyone?!?>> (URL) Where indeed?> Brenda Rhodes has landed the Matriarch at New Seattle Moonbase, where she is making preparations for the journey to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Using dragon fly wings as train windows

Hi there, Ever since buying the Make & Create: Wild Collection (4101) I've had the idea of using the dragon fly wings as train windows. Also my brother Egil challenged me to build a train front using the large dark grey curved bricks he got me from (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004 As you know the engraved name badge has become an adult fan of LEGO® event essential. And if you selected the full registration option for BrickFest PDX 2004 you will receive a new five color 1 x 8 brick badge. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG -- First Meeting 2/8/04 in NYC (Fingers crossed!)

Please highlight this item on LUGNET to increase visibility! While NYCLUG is still in its formative stages, rest assured that we’re past the first step and moving in the right direction. Thus far, we have more than a dozen people who’ve expressed (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Streamliner Dome Car for Santa Fe train by Brick Built Trains (J. Mathis)

Hello, everyone, This January 27, 2004, I would like to announce a streamliner dome car design to complement the official LEGO(R) Santa Fe(R) train set. The design features fully removable roof sections, a lift out upper deck of sets, spiral stairs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  .Space Squares Beware

I've heard talk of this evil around here for awhile, but I've never seen one, until now. It's... the Space Hippies! Both are powered by insidious free-love drives. First up is their one-man fighter craft, armed with 3vil flower power cannons, and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce)

  Toy & Hobby Expo Show Report - Town/Train & Space Layouts

MichLUG was happy to participate in the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, Michigan for a second year. This year we expanded our showing to include a Moonbase layout and a table for some large Model Team style creations by Steve Ringe and some Bionicle (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  * LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.53 released *

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define codesnippets (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  DNS outage, service restored

My apologies to everyone who was unable to reach the server for the better part of the past day. I had thought the lugnet.com domain had been renewed through 2005, but it actually was up for renewal this year, with expiry on January 18. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  NALUG show pictures at GETS 2003

We finally have organized the pictures people took of NALUG's train layout at the Great Edmonton Model Train Show in late 2003. (URL) Highlights include: * new DCC system * transfer table * working Bascule bridge * rotary hopper dumper Kudos to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Brick Tales has moved

Hi all, My site, Brick Tales, probably best known (assuming it is known) for my on-going Lord of the Rings project, has moved (a bit). The new url is: (URL) you have links to my site, well, first, thank you, and second, please update them (basically (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce) !

  Master Builder Competition

Jeff Elliott and I stopped by LLCA this morning on the way to Day 63 of the SCLTC display at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in order to see what was going on at the master builder competition. The event got underway very promptly at 10:00 as (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Aaron Sneary Rocks!

I just Learned that Aaron Sneary was selected as one of three to be offered the position of master builder! Way to go Aaron! Christina Hitchcock (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests) !!

  Lego on The Motley Fool

Lego was written up by The Motley Fool today after they posted a $230 million loss for 2003, blaming "ill-conceived strategic moves to sell toys based on popular films and books." (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce)

  Brickfest PDX minifig sigfig update and call to arms

Hi all. As the magical date grows closer and closer, the anticipation grows with it. From everything I've seen, this is shaping up to be a monumental event. I can't wait to get there. As a lot of you already know, I am hosting a minifig roundtable (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

January, 30th is the last day of Advanced Registration for BrickFest PDX! (URL) PDX.BrickFest.com > What is it? (URL) BrickFest! > Where is it this time? The (URL) Oregon Convention center> in beautiful Portland Oregon When is it? February 13-15th (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Re: MichLUG to display at the Great American Train Show in Novi, MI

Correction: the show will be on Jan 24th & 25th (this weekend.) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, FTX)

  MichLUG to display at the Great American Train Show in Novi, MI

This will be MichLTC's 4th year displaying at the Great American Train show in Novi, MI. We frequently pull out all the stops for this show and this year is no exception. Looks for many new creations. We will have multiple drop sections, 3 9v train (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004 Are you ready to rumble? It's time to break that world record once again and at what better place than at a world class LEGO® fan organize event like BrickFest PDX 2004! With Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOL) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Festival of the Moon: the PDX Classic-Castle Event

Come One and Come All! Lord Marshal Leonhart of Tallahia invites you to the Festival of the Moon, to be held at Brickfest PDX. Merchants and Artisans will be temporarily relocating their shops and houses to Portland for what may be the largest (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  New Star Wars Mini - B wing fighter

So I finally decided to try my hand at a MINI MOC. This is my first attempt at a MINI. PLMKWYT. (BTW, I tried to upload the LDraw file, but it doesn't seem to be in the folder. If you would like it, drop me an email. You will need to get part 47398 (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

BrickFest PDX 2004 Commemorative Oregon Convention Center model To celebrate the BrickFest PDX 2004 event, we are pleased to announce the availability of a 66-piece display model of the Oregon Convention Center. This model features the OCC in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  LEGO, Mars, Caltech

For this Caltech alum who works a few blocks from the campus, builds LEGO all the time, and has followed the space program since our rockets only knew how to explode, the sun and the moon and the stars have aligned: (URL) -Ted Michon (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

  SCLTC final two weeks at SDMRRM and more photos

SCLTC is entering it's final two weeks at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum. This show is a record breaker for SCLTC totalling 70 days of operation -- more days than all previous SCLTC events combined -- and upwards of 40,000 visitors! (We've been (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 Mosaic Event

BrickFest PDX 2004 Mosaic Event BrickFest PDX attendees will witness an attempt at an admirably audacious affair--the on-site construction of a huge LEGO mosaic built out of 1x1 LEGO plates. And everyone's invited to help--or even compete! That's (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Where are you coming from? (01.17.04)

Want to know "Where in the World" your fellow "LEGO Maniac" colleagues are coming from for BrickFest PDX 2004? Take a look at the spectacular representation of attendees from all over the world! Australia: Victoria: Chadstone, Melbourne Canada: (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  New MOC: Market Building 'De Korenbeurs'

At Groningen, The Netherlands, in the 1880's a spacious building was erected to house the local exchange market for grains. The building was soon to be known as 'De Korenbeurs' (The Grain Exchange). As grain commerce gradually disappeared from the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG... moving right along!

Folks: Two things to announce. First: I'll soon be registering our domain name... it'll either be a .com or a .org. Second: Jake McKee of the Lego Company has wished us well on our endeavor, and has offered to send over an Event Kit! This will (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Find a Ride / Roommate for BrickFest PDX 2004

I’d like to let you know about the newest feature on the web site, "Find a Ride / Roommate" for BrickFest PDX. It is linked from both the registered participants “My Account” page (URL) or by going to the PDX web site. Selecting the purple ”Travel (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community) !

  Auctions at BrickFest PDX 2004

Ready to get some deals? Have some surplus LEGO you need to unload? Remember the excitement of your last great find? It is getting dusty on your shelf now - time to pass it along! Put it in the auction to be held at (URL) BrickFest PDX 2004>! We (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  Call for Space Volunteers for BrickFest PDX...

Hi all, I'm looking for a few people to help me out in the Space area at BrickFest PDX. I'll be watching over the area constantly, but I will need people to man up to two activites during the fest. Both will require that building be going on, and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce) !

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

Hi Fellow Train-heads, At BrickFest PDX 2004 there is going to be a who's who of train builders! (foot in mouth list...) Holger Matthes and Ben Beneke(FGLTC) from Germany, James Mathis, (Mr 8 Wide) John Neal(TCLTC), John Gerlach(GMLTC), Rob (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains) !

  BrickFest Door Prizes

Hi All, We'd like to announce a new Door Prize drawing method that directly involves the BrickFest PDX attendees! We have over $2000 of prizes this year (thanks to Jake via LEGO and all our other private sponsors!!!)! Instead of the normal (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Things to See & Do!

Have some time to explore through Portland while at Brickfest PDX 2004? Not sure what Portland, Oregon, USA is all about? Check out these cool and informative PDX Websites prior to arriving BrickFest PDX 2004! :: transportation :: PDX Airport - (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG -- Meet-n-greet, and others orders of preliminary biz

Howdy! I recently formed a NYCLUG (pronounced NYE-klug) email group, comprising everyone who has (thus far) expressed interest in enrolling in NYCLUG. Those who would like to enroll or are just interested in finding out more about NYCLUG, please (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

Wow! That was a December to remember... The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) survived a train show filled December and here are some images to prove it. All of the shows were great fun and featured numerous MOCs and display methods. Seasonal (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Fares to BrickFest PDX

Hi All, We are 36 days away from the big event! Just a reminder to those who are traveling from a far... Often the less expensive airplane ticket fares require a 14 day advance purchase. Well we'll be there before you know it! Here's some fares from (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !!

  (oops) Re: LegoMasterBuilder.com Updated...

Just a little housekeeping- URL Fixed (stupid slash...), and x-posted to .announce and .people: (...) -jeremiah- (still a gibbering idiot) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Sacramento Brick Builders first meeting this Saturday Jan. 10th!

Hi all, This is just a reminder that the Sacramento Brick Builders (SacBB) will have our first meeting on January 10th, 2004, from 11AM-3PM in the community room of the Colonial Heights Branch of the Sacramento Public Library, located at 4799 (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, FTX)

  Thanks from the Kunce Family

I recieved this email from Diane Kunce: "We are Travis Kunce's parents and just want all to know that we were so very proud of his creativity and know that he is building 3-D cloud formations in the sky. You will never know the magnitude that your (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Biff has landed on Mars!

Biff has landed on Mars The LEGO minifigure Biff has landed on Mars and became first "man" on the red planet. (URL) Biff Starling - or at least a picture of him - is on board the the rover which landed on Mars on Sunday morning after a seven months (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2004, FTX)

  An invitation to enroll in NYCLUG (was: SILUG)

THE NEW YORK CITY LEGO USERS GROUP, or NYCLUG WHEREAS New York City is the Capital of the World, and WHEREAS the population of this City number above eight million Souls, and WHEREAS a good number of these Souls are Lego enthusiasts, and WHEREAS a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce) !

  Laser Target Finder sensor

Hello, My latest sensor creation is a laser based detector that can find special reflective targets up to 3 meters away. (URL) You will find (URL) here> photographs, schematics, tips and tricks to build this sensor. Some characteristics: Homebrew (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  *** LDView Version 2.1 Released ***

LDView version 2.1 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) This version has a bunch of changes. Some highlights include: Zoom to Fit using L3P's auto camera position algorithm (thanks Lars) Hidden line (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  December MOTM/SOTM Winners, January Voting Open

Congratulations to the winners of the December Model/Scene of the month contests: MOTM, Gregory J Overkamp, Studliner Refuse Disposal Unit SOTM, John Miller, 1687 Transport Team Voting for the January 2004 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce) !

  MHOF Now Running

New Formula, Same Great Taste! www.minifigville.com/mhof/ The Minifig Hall of Fame is now running. With 24 contestants this month, the battle for a place in the MHoF will be tougher than ever! And just when you thought your favorite Minifig won, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.fun, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town)

  B.I. Joe's new face

Well...perhaps not a new face entirely, but a spruce up splash graphic. For those old skool fans, an attempt at recreating a 'brickified' version of the classic 'Slient Interlude' #21 Marvel comic. (URL) Cheers, -Gil (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  BrickFest Display Cards

BrickFest PDX, Portland, OR....is only 46 days away! Have you reserved your MOC Display space yet? and have you checked out what we are organizing for this event? (URL) Display Cards are available for registered participants to complete. If you plan (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca) !!

  Minifig roundtable and swapmeet at Brickfest PDX

Hi All, I will be putting together a minifig roundtable at Brickfest PDX in February to allow collectors and others to build a universally accepted database of minifigs (and of course have a swapmeet so we can trade minifigs as well). The goal of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  SILUG -- Staten Island Lego Users Group

[SILUG -- A Proposal] ===...=== I know there are several AFOLs from the Shaolin on this board... lurking... creeping... venturing to the thrift shops in Manhattan or garage sales in Jersey to add to their Lego collection. I'm proposing the formation (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  SciBrick Member Display - Mecha Designs - Lego Store - Paramus Park Mall - N.J.

SciBrick Member Display - "Mecha Designs" by Eric Sophie Now Showing - Mecha Designs at the Paramus Park Lego Store - Rte. 17 North -N.J. (4 URLs) Enjoy! Stop on in! Eric Sophie SciBrick LMHoF GardenSLUG Biomechanical Bricks (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  SciBrick Member Dsiplay - Holiday Setup - Paramus Park Mall - N.J.

SciBrick Member Display - Eric Sophie's "Little Bot Bay". Now Showing until next week at the Paramus Park Mall - Rte. 17 North - N.J. (3 URLs) Enjoy! Eric Sophie SciBrick LMHoF GardenSLUG Biomechanical Bricks (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  GardenSLUG Display by Tim Caffery - Paramus Park Mall Lego Store N.J.

Hey all, I'd like to bring your attention to Tim Caffery's GardenSLUG Display here at the (URL) Paramus Park Mall Lego Store> - N.J. . As we begin a relationship with the Lego Store, over time GardenSLUG will have members displaying their MOCs here (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  The Travis Kunce AirCars Contest

In honor of Travis, I'm running another contest (I suppose it's about time I did anyway) The Travis Kunce AirCars Contest basically, build something in the spirit of Travis Aircars which are to be found here: (URL) I particularly like the 04 folder (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Very Sad News....

I and a couple of other's have been contacted with sad news. From an e-mail from Madchucksinfo@aol.com hi my name is chuck senesac , i'm travis kunce birth father . i am having a hard time writing this so bare with me . sometime on the the morning (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  MichLUG to display at the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, MI

MichLUG will be displaying at the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, MI for a second year running. In addition to a town/train layout, which we displayed last year, we will also be showing a Moonbase layout. The train layout will feature 3 train loops, many (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.space) !

  10129 Rebel Snowspeeder

I just finished modelling the UCS Rebel Snowspeeder set in LDraw. You can download it from my website: (URL) are 3 mockup parts in this set: 44822 Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Locking with 2 Single Fingers on Top 43710 Wedge 2 x 4 Triple Left 43711 Wedge 2 x 4 (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  It's Christmas time at the BIP

(URL) It's Christmas time at the BIP! I've pulled together just a few of the great Christmas/Holiday related creations and building instructions I've found out on the net. Check it out! (URL) Christmas> If you have more Christmas/Holiday related (...) (21 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw.org 2003-03 Parts Update Now Available

Hi The latest batch of LDraw part files have been posted in the 2003-03 update. There are over 300 files in this release, including 111 new parts or decorated parts. Please be warned that there is one nasty backward compatibility issue with the 9V (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !

  www.CPLTC.org

The latest/newest LTC website is now available: (URL) so much a new LTC as a smaller umbrella within the larger ILTCO umbrella - assuming our application is approved. We invite you to visit and see for yourself. Your comments are appreciated. SRC (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.announce)

  LUGOLA meeting 12-13-03

Hi all, Here are photos from the LUGOLA meeting this past weekend. (URL) I'll upload these for the website later, I've just got to take care of a lot of things before I leave for vaction. Bruce (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: NEW WEBSITE : MINIFIGVILLE.COM

(...) In January? Well, January came earlier this year :-) Indeed, StuWars is now online! It's fully operational and you can already vote and write your comments about the first ever StudWars combat : JarJar/Timmy vs. Justin/Kelly : Who's worse? (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.sports, lugnet.publish)

  COLTC at the COSI Toledo Show Report

Last weekend, we participated in the train event of the COSI in Toledo, OH, together with MichLTC, and 2 other non-Lego clubs. It was a good show, and it was great to talk to the MichLTC crowd. Despite that half of our stuff is tied up at the Shrine (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, FTX) !!

  3 Show Reports from MichLUG - Town/Train & Castle Displays

Well we have been really busy lately. 4 Shows in November and December with yet 1 more at the end of the month. We have 3 report finished up so I thought I would announce them all together. The last report will be forthcoming. 19th Annual Festival (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

Hi all, I'm happy and proud to extend an invitation to everyone in the community to participate in the First BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin! What is the Flyin? This is a display that is open to anyone interested in displaying, regardless of whether or not (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.town) !!

  BrickFest call for club and organization links

This is an invitation to all clubs and organizations that have members registered to attend BrickFest PDX 2004. ON our main page have a list of links to clubs and sponsors that are participating in the event. Simply email info@brickfest.com and (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt) !

  NCLUG's Christmas Display...

opened again at South Hills Mall in Cary, North Carolina. (URL) You can find pix (URL) here> Models were built by Cary Clark, Sam Cox, Will Pederson, and Mike Walsh. Joe Meno NCLUG NCLTC (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Lord of the Rings Theater Display in Raleigh, NC

On December 15, NCLUG presented a display of iinspired by Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at the Raleigh Grande Theater in Raleigh. (URL) The display was a group effort, with David Vestal and Will Pedersen creating the layout and Minas (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !!

  fianlly got pics of another pirate ship!

okay, so i have had this baby sitting around since WAYYYYYY before Scimitar, but have never gottena chance to take any pics of her.so, here ya go: (URL) she is a 4 center section 18 gunner. she is based on the design for the Reciprocity, and was (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Return of the King sneak preview

Hi all, I know it's been a long time since I've added a full chapter to my Tolkien project, but I wanted to get a couple of quick things out in honor of the theatrical release of The Return of the King. Warning--major spoilers! If you have not read (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  CONTEST : LEGO MOVIE POSTERS

Hello everyone! Last year, Créations Rotule had a LEGO Movie Poster contest which was a total success. Créations Rotule is no more, but it evolved into MinifigVille.com and there is a new contest, much like the previous one, starting...NOW ! Below (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.fun, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town) !

  BrickFest PDX Community Involvement Update

I'm starting to get lots of questions from many of you about what to do and how to get involved in BrickFest PDX. So here is a short list. I hope this will help. Register (URL) Advanced registration deadline is January 30th. Then, Preparing for the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt) !!

  Mosaics at BrickFest PDX

Hello all-- I'm organizing the Mosaic Session at BrickFest PDX and I'm looking for anyone who is planning on bringing a mosaic to Portland...I'd like to set up a nice display area for any and all LEGO mosaics! And if you're not going to be able to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  NEW WEBSITE : MINIFIGVILLE.COM

Hello Everybody! Well, today's the day! The bid official launch of my new website. After dealing with mixed thoughts about continuing to maintain my old website (www.rotule.qc.ca, dead now) or upgrading it, I opted to creating a new and improved (...) (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.fun, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town) !

  Mathis "Trains of Brick" Poster Prints Available

(...) Thanks to Jeroen, this poster is now available in printed form in both 17x11-inch and 33x22-inch posters via a link from digitalbricks to CafePress. As Jeroen describes: "When you click the BUY link, you will be redirected to the CafePress (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Call for Brick Bazaar and Auction Participants at BrickFest PDX 2004

Brick Bazaar Announcement BrickFest PDX in Portland, Oregon, USA is only 2 months away, February 13-15 2004! Now is the time to mark your calendars for the Brick Bazaar and Set Auction at the event! Go to www.brickfest.com and register for BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.mt) !!

  NCLTC Holiday Layout at South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) has our layout on display for the Holiday Season at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is our second holiday layout, we were in the same mall a year ago. This year's layout is a tad smaller (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  4099 Transformer MOC instructions available

A month ago I presented this transformer MOC: (URL) made buildinginstructions for those who like to build it too. You only need 1 4099 Robobot set! Instructions can be found at: (URL) did put the subparts in subfolders, and all subparts put together (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.dat.models) !

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow Toronto Public Library Lillian H Smith Branch January 31st, 2004 (URL) guys, Got some time over the holidays? Have a burning desire to try your hand at Lego robotics or attempting a tough new challenge? Consider yourself (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  Re: 2004 Products see?

Leak.... Save 'em while they're still there im sure they will be gone shortly (18 URLs) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  MichLTC & COLTC to display at COSI Museum in Toledo, Ohio

The Michigan LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce that we will be participating in the COSI museum's Toy Factory Trains weekend. On December 12th and 13th from 10am till 5pm, MichLTC will be running the trains, answering questions about our 20 ft (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org) !

  Holidays and the BIP

We are smack dab in the middle of the holiday season. To celebrate the holidays this year, I'm working on pulling together a series, of small, fun to build instructions for holiday themed items. If you haven't already added your holiday themed (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  SCLTC at December Nights in San Diego

SCLTC opened its current layout at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum last night (December 5) for the first of two special evening showings from 17:00 to 21:00 as part of the annual December Nights celebration in Balboa Park (San Diego, CA). Total (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  BIP Contest Winner!

(URL) The Building Instructions Portal has reached another landmark: 750 building instructions! As a way to celebrate this landmark, we're giving out prizes to one lucky winner. Joseph Gonzalez was randomly selected as the winner of the Teaser Prize (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Bricklink downtime on 12/6

Because of BrickLink's phenomenal growth, the machine is being moved to a larger colocation facility on Saturday, December 6th at approximately 9:00 am Indiana time. The IP address will also be changing and will be put into the DNS tables at that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce)

  * LDraw Design Pad LDDP 1.52 released *

Thank you to our users for the constructive feedback! Download it here: (URL) (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BBB wheels + availability?

(...) Big Ben Bricks LLC is online at www.bigbenbricks.com I was hoping to make a large run in December in four colors, but I've discovered a couple of things that aren't quite right. So I'm taking this opportunity to optimize the design. That said, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce)

  Michiana-LTC DIsplaying at the 1st Annual Midwest LEGO Train Show

To All, Michiana-LTC will be displaying at the first annual Midwest LEGO Train Show, at Cantigny Park, in Wheaton, Illinois. Location: Cantigny Park 1 South 151 Winfield Road Wheaton, Illinois 60187 It is located at Cantigny Park, it's website is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Call for BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

(...) Update on BrickFest PDX event logo search. This is a general reminder about the deadline of December 15th. We have received one entry to date and I know that there are some very creative graphic designers and artist within our community. If (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, FTX)

  MichLUG to display at 1st Annual Midwest Lego Train Show

MichLUG will be displaying at the 1st Annual Midwest Lego Train Show in Wheaton, IL the weekend of December 6th & 7th, from 9am till 4pm. MichLUG will display a 5ft by 10ft Castle/Pirate layout as well as a 10ft by 15ft Train/Town layout. MichLTC's (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.castle) !!

  MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

We're please to announce that voting for the December 2003 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month Contests is now open. Visit the voting page to cast your vote: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  SciBrick is Online! And looking for people...

Hi all, Many of those in LUGNET have wondered what was up with SciBrick...the organization had a few postings on its discussion board, there was a debut event in Houston, then...nothing. Since Houston's Challenger Center Gala, which happened in (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact