 Announcements / 2381
2380  |  2382
Subject:
Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:06:25 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Are you ready to rumble? It’s time to break that world record once again and at what better place than at a world class LEGO® fan organize event like BrickFest PDX 2004! With Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOL) coming from all over the world, this will truly be a world record. It will be so cool to see builders from all various attending nations, sign up for this one. So, if you’re a nimble builder I’d sign up now, space is limited to 10 builders and two backups if anyone has the miss fortune of not making it to the event. The timed build is planned to start at 11am Saturday, February 14th.

The Imperial Star Destroyer Team Build record could break the 60-minute barrier this year at BrickFest PDX 2004. Watching the mêlée of 10 people dividing up a 3104 piece set so that it can be assembled in about 60 minutes. This is better than any reality TV show and will NOT be on FOX! So even if you’re not building, you need to be there for this one!

Here are the numbers from past ISD record builds:

February 2003 - BricksWest, Carlsbad, California
1 hour, 43 minutes

July 2003 - 1000steine, Berlin, Germany
1 hour, 17 minutes and 33 seconds

August 2003 - BrickFest DC
1 hour, 14 minutes and 52 seconds

October 2003 - LEGOWORLD
1 hour, 13 minutes and 25 seconds

February 2004 - BrickFest PDX 2004
To be announced!

To sign up for the ISD timed build team you need to be registered to attend BrickFest PDX 2004, then send your name and a quick note on how you can make a new world record happen to events4pdx@yahoo.com

Robin Werner
Special Events Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004
BrickFest GFLTC GFLUG ILTCO