 Announcements / 2396
2395  |  2397
Subject:
NYCLUG -- First Meeting 2/8/04 in NYC (Fingers crossed!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 04:48:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Please highlight this item on LUGNET to increase visibility!

While NYCLUG is still in its formative stages, rest assured that we’re past the first step and moving in the right direction. Thus far, we have more than a dozen people who’ve expressed interest in joining NYCLUG. Sadly, one of those people is Nathan Sawaya, who has apparently joined Aaron Sneary in the promised land – he’s now a Lego Masterbuilder at LegoLand! Lucky!!!!!!!! Congrats, Nate – don’t forget about us!

Back to business: Jake McKee has sent over an Event Kit, with standees, pins, posters, bookcovers aaaaaand… lotsa LEGO for a build event! Guess you could say we now have the construction materials – let’s get to building the house! (Thanks again Jake!)

Second: everyone appears to have settled on Manhattan for a meeting place. How does Sunday, February 8th at noon work out for everyone? This would take place at the Citicorp Center, 601 Lexington Avenue (between 53rd and 54th Streets), where they have a wonderful public space. Alternate dates would be Saturday, February 28th or Sunday, February 29th. Please respond to this email by Sunday, February 1. Unless I hear differently from a majority of folks, I’ll assume that 2/8 at the Citigroup Center will be our first meet date. Points of discussion: NYCLUG charter and by-laws… and where to get cheap Lego! (And, of course, we’ll build!)

For those closer to (or living on) Staten Island: I’d also like to have a meeting at my house sometime in February. This can take place on a weekday or weekend. Just let me know which days are best for you and we’ll work something out.

Hope this all works out… let’s get this puppy off the ground!

Play well!

onedaycnn (sid) http://onedaycnn.freeservers.com