 Announcements / 1804
  New Sets 2003

Hi all, (URL) the new sets form 2003. Great stuff in my opinion: - Micro Star Wars Sets - New Star Wars Sets - Oriental theme [Build your own Alquaida battlefield ;-) ] - nice parts in Creator sets I would say, the quality of sets is getting better (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) My jaw has dropped. Though I don't really like the look of the TIE bomber as much as either of the two other TIEs. Looks too much like the TIE bomber I made I guess :). I really like the nano scale SW stuff though. (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

OMG! Those hockey sets are... scary. They remind me of Jason! "Stephen Hurn" <cintaks_erur@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H3r5p1.78A@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Man I love this time of year. :D 4477: Looks like a mix of gray and white with dark gray wings. Good little set IMO. 4478: Ok. This is where it gets REALLY cool. If you've seen the Incredible Cross Sections book for Episode 2 you know that the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Me again.. As I attempt to ignore the new atrocity that is the hockey theme, I would like to note just how amazingly cool the new creator sets are.. Mini-Mecha. Animals. Mini-Mecha and Animals. Looks refreshingly creative! -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Gotta agree with you Holger, this looks like the best new year's sets in a long time. Even the Racer stuff looks cool! The Star Wars selection is good considering how few major vehicles are left (AT-AT anyone?) and the mini sets are particularly (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) -Kyle (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Wow, the mini Star Wars sets look like great playing pieces for a huge Brickwarslike starfleet battle! Hopefully those are in the pocketmoney price range... -Frank (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Yah, it's like Christmas in August :) (...) No, I think the wings are light gray. You can see dark gray in the 1x3 inverted slope right above the pilot's head, and the wings are far lighter than that. I think the angle makes them look a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I'm a real hockey nut, and they made me cringe :( I was secretly hoping for a hockey line similar to soccer. Other sets relevent to space/starwars: 7411 - a Kzin! 7412 - a Wampa! Jeff J (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Um. October. Man, it's too early to think. Adrian (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Looks like a 3x3 dish -- it's curved. Plus: (URL) appears to be the same piece but painted and used as the shields here. Looking at the painted shields, there's a red line that seems about the right place that a 2x2 dish would end..looks about (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled

With these new images of the upcoming LEGO NBA basketball sets, it seems that the issue of minifig skintone has been put to rest. Those of us holding out for darker-colored minifigs will have to settle for making these ourselves out of rare parts (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled

It also seems strange that no effort was made to make it look like these guys are wearing shorts instead of full-length pants. Minifig shorts would have been cool -- even spring-loaded ones. @8^) -Rev. Smith (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled

(...) Soccer players wear shorts too, and no effort was made to make them look like that either. I can understand, though, as it'd be difficult to print the shorts color on yellow legs all the way around, and nigh impossible to do multi-color cast (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled

(...) Good points. I guess another option would have been for them to use yellow legs with colored hip pieces, but it might be too disturbing to think of all these men running around in thongs... I guess pants were the way to go afterall. -Rev. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Agreed. Delicious. Looks like quite a few trans 1x2x5 bricks....clear (b-ball) and yellow (at-te). Brown plane windows. Brown 1x4 arches. Quite a few smaller sets too. Jonathan (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Wow! The AT-TE is definately a steping stone to a possible AT-AT. The micro-fig scale Star Wars stuff is too big to be to scale with the (nano-fig scale) USC Star Destroyer. On the other hand they are really cool looking, and if they are (as they (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I wish we'd seen more of the AT-TE on EPII. Very cool. (...) I don't know--the AT-ST looked to be about the same scale. 8^) (...) 'Nuff said. Dave! (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I think your being optimistic with regards to the price. I'd say $3.99-$5.99 range. It looks to me like the sets come with about 50 pcs each. Still nice though. Jonathan (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Am I mistaken, or does the close up of the basketball guy show that the new basketball minifigs have SPRING LOADED LEGS??!! (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Wow, some awesome stuff. With this and the reissued Black Falcon's Fortess, I can already see next year becoming an expensive lego year for me. God knows how I'll be able to pay my way through the year with Bruce Springsteen on tour as well! The new (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Did anyone notice technic is alive? They are also all vehicles They are also functional And two out of three of them are construction macheinery All I can say is YYY...YYYEEE...EEESSS...SSS NICE ONE MY SAN. (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Jon you are absolutely right! All these new sets rock, especialy the new super ball joints (can't wait to use on a mecha!). Just as a side note too; since all these sets are going to be coming in to stores, be watching for good clearance deals (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Yeah! But the Elephant looks very odd. Check out the scimitar. (URL) a stick it becomes a polearm: (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Hey Jeff, you're a fan of the Kzinti? I love the Man-Kzin wars!! You're the only person I know who has ever mentioned the series! Grrrreat books=) -Matt (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Looks like it's because the tip of the trunk and the tail use the same piece (and it appears again in another one of the Orient sets as a detail item). So the trunk ends up looking really bendy because of the extra little bit on the end. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Do you get any further discount on those? Jude (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Wassssup, (...) Basketball, cool! Looks great. Not to start a war either, but I do see they kept em' yellow. Orientals cool, but I thought they'd have Johnny Thunder in 'em. (need the hats : )) BTW, if they eventually make football, thats my (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Agreed on all points emphatically. It goes without saying that all the new SW releases are superb. The only one I might not get is the TIE bomber as it looks so far to be a simple remake as others have noted. In a moment of weakness however, I'll (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Thank you, Holger! Do I see a gold-plated sword in #7417? Very cool! I can already see I'll be buying a *bunch* of these sets, and multiple copies of many of them... JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Oh no. How am I going to pay for my wedding (due in june 2003) when TLG keeps bringing out all these must-have sets? Mark "and how am I gonna tell my wife-to-be?" de Kock (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

"Tony Knaak" <tknaaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H3s07s.F9r@lugnet.com... (...) too; (...) What are you guy's TALKING about? That webpage doesn't even exist! -- Mnarkham Carroll (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Actually, I just read Ringworld this summer, but I really enjoyed it. The alien characters are fascinating! I'll probably get around to reading more of the Known Space stuff someday... I have built my interpretation of a flycycle, and I have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Sets 2003

As I was in the middle of going through the pictures you posted, I started getting 404 errors telling me the files could not be found. I had only gotten through about 5 of the pictures, so it was quite a let-down when I started getting errors. Have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:H3r4D0.4Kw@lugnet.com... (...) Are we supposed to be discussing leaked information on Lugnet? I thought it was expressly forbidden (somewhere in this thread (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Good thing I saw the pics. I can't even get to the page now so its not you David. Hasta La Vista, Sean P.S Like David said, if theres any other way to view them, please let us know! (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I read Ringworld while on vacation earlier this year, in-between planning my Blockade Runner. Good book. (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) (URL) only that confidential information should not be disclosed in the public forum that is LUGNET. Have there been any indications that this information is confidential? Catalog scans are common enough---it's only if the catalog was (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) It looked to me like a dealer's catalogue. I haven't seen one of those before, certainly not in German, but a true catalogue for public consumption would look very different than one that simply shows off the products for potential market (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I have seen one dealer's catalog last year at a local toy shop, and it's pretty much like this (or even simpler in looks). There are lots of appendixes with prices on the last pages. Pedro (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) <delurk> Since the page has obviously had the clamps put on it and I missed the window of opportunity, could one of you guys that did manage to see them go through your 'downloaded internet files' directory and email me a copy of them pretty (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) *finds can opener* *finds Can of Worms* Here we go... At what point does LEGO/LUGNET realize the futility of this? I've been reading LUGNET for 4 years now, and every fall/winter this has happened. Somebody (usually in Europe, but not always) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Well, first off I have to say this is truely awesome! (Yes, finally oriental/ middle eastern styled parts for castle building!) This is just what I've been waiting for. Only one addition. There seems to be some sort of problem with the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Cool! Definitely post some flycycle pics. I'm trying to think of something else to build from the Known Space realm...a Kzinti ship would be interesting (red spheroid bristling with antennae) but that's all I can picture. -Matt . (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Sets 2003

AAAHHH! HELP! I'm only getting 404 errors! Must see new Lego! Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) For those who didn't get to see the sets when the site was up, I'm willing to email them the JPEGs. Just Email me a request at orion@pobursky.com. Warning to modem users, the zip file is 1.7M -Orion (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Thanks! I just sent you my email! Jeff (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

If you looked at the pictures earlier (before they were removed) and wished you had saved them, you might still be in luck! I just checked out my cookie list and found every picture that I looked at earlier in the day. By clicking on the file, I was (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

"Jason Maxwell" <jhmaxwell@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H3sHH9.L9x@lugnet.com... (...) I am playing devil's advocate -- in 1999 (or was it 2000?) I was the one who leaked the information first on Lugnet and got a right ear-full from Suz, and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Thankyou very much Tobbe. Looking over them now.... ooooh. mmm... sherpa hats... scimitars... hang on, is that Clifford in 7411? When do they hit the shops? Allister (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I think these are due to come out next January, but those store clerks always make mistakes and sell stuff earlier... Could somebody e-mail me with pictures, too? I already saw them, but I want to have a closer look at these new sets. -JHK (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

If anyone could repost the sets, I'd be indebted to them. I never got to see them at all!!!!! :( KEith (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled

A few years ago I posted an article to alt.toys.lego about this very subject. I was inquiring as to the seeming whiteness of the lego minifig. Truthfully I was just bored and trolling to see if anyone else had ever really put the question out. The (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled

Here's my old opinion. I never really pondered on this topic too long, didn't really matter in my youth, legos were legos. But now that I think about it, my quick judgment would be this: I think the singular race of minifigs reflected the area where (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

I've just come across the clearest pics of 2003 star wars sets I've yet seen, at www.theforce.net (hosted by www.rebelscum.com) pages are at: (2 URLs) links to pics: Jabba's Palace: (URL) Message (URL) Prize (URL) Skyhopper (URL) Fighter (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

Are there any sites out there with approval to show the new Creator or Belville sets? About the inner cardboard trays, I just busted up abunch of 4728s, most of them had the trays, but a few didn't. Some soccer sets I busted up early last summer (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) Thanks and God Bless, Nathan (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) a good question...! (...) sounds very feasible... thanks for the insight - I don't often get more than one of any set so I hadn't noticed this phenomenon 'til now. I hope that more sets with trays make an appearance in the future... :) cheers, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Sets 2003

(...) I just used some time to find this thread again and was surpriced, that it never was x-posted to Year2003, even if its the obvious place to look for it. By the way, is it a light green parrot in one of the small Belville sets?!? Arne, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2003)