 Administrative / Terms of Use / 68
Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:32:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.terms, Matthew Miller writes:
"I desperately need a few 2x4x3 flibber-globbits (any color) for • spaceship
I'm working on. If you've got some, check out my post in .market.bst."

Ok in .space?

I can only speak for myself here, I'd find that extremely annoying, if • that's
all the post said -- especially without a more explicit pointer to the • other
list.  Yet, even with a more explicit pointer, it wouldn't sound any • different
to me as a reader than the actual other post to .b-s-t would have.

Gotta agree with Todd here, but a counter example which is probably ok is
something like the following:

: Check out http://this.isnt.a/real/url for pictures of the huge castle I
: built using parts from the 10 copies of 6097 that I just bought. I
: especially liked how I <*snip*> yada yada yada
:
: By the way, check out
http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=999999999
: for my list of parts from these sets that I didn't use (especially those
red
: arched windows).

Frank