 Administrative / Terms of Use / 62
Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:30:32 GMT

<frank's well thought words snipped>

One thing I would strongly encourage in thinking about how to handle these
issues is to carefully look at the underlying reasons for the rules. Are
auction announcements really so offensive that people would leave if they
saw an occasional misplaced one? I totally understand the need to
compartmentalize Lugnet, but is more friction caused by inflexible rules • or
by an occasional misplaced post.

I do not pretend to speak for everyone. The problem for me is that I can not
discernbetween trade/sale/auction posts. They are all the same to me. I
attribute a value to a set I want, if I can get it at, or below, that value
I do not care what the route is for me to get it - as long as I can trust
the seller.  I can not see how anyone can think any different. I can
understand that some peolep do not like ebay as a entity, but that is about
it. Either way, I think all market posts should be treated the same way. I
still think the best way to progress this is to install market.theme
groups{1}, but I do not pretend to speak for everyone.

Scott A

e.g. .market.technic

Technic is a good example, as many Techies do not venture outside technic
sets.