 Administrative / Terms of Use / 54
Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 21:25:49 GMT

guito <guito@guito.dhs.org> wrote in message
Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:

Now, by your own estimation, MOST people frown on non-auction • solicitations.
And yet they're ok.

Auctions create a lot more traffic than regular sales.

As of _now_ there have been 102 posts to .auction and 103 to .bst in the
last 7 days. If you add to that the trade posts dotted around all the groups
I'd imagine there are more BST posts. However, there is no guarantee this
will stay this way in the future...

At least thats
what I've always thought was the reason (it's the reason why I don't
read RTL anymore, anyway).  They clutter up a newsgroup.  Maybe Todd
feels the same way?

--
This only is certain, that there is nothing certain; and nothing
more miserable and yet more arrogant than man.