 Administrative / Terms of Use / 586
  New Terms of Use for LUGNET

Hi, due to the fact that this site is now subjected to German law, there are new ToU for LUGNET. NEW (URL) OLD (URL) The ToU are now more clear, changes are as follows: Changes in "OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS" The headline is no longer "Overview and (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

What effect (if any) does this change have on things like (URL) this>? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hello Rene, The new ToU does seem more clear and concise, although there is one area that I think could use some clarification. At the bottom of the T&C block is the new (and IMO much-needed) sentence: "LUGNET reserves the right to cancel (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

Some thoughts on the discussion group terms: #7: clarify to allow use of FTX. #9.2: I think it would be reasonable to allow auction postings in groups that specifically allow them, though it should be pointed out that set of groups would generally (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hi Frank, Looking at your suggestions for sales posts it seems as though MOC announcements/ad combined posts would be unallowed in most groups. Personally I would prefer that they should be allowed in the relavent announcement group provided (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Factory is a bit of a grey area. Given that the poster doesn't (currently) stand to benefit from the sales, and given that the purpose is to point out the existence of a new model, I think that's ok. That's no different than pointing to Shop (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

--various snippage-- (...) Thinking on this particular issue I think I would prefer an extra set of market guidelines sitting outside the main TOS. What if Factory starts paying out an authors share? Then it becomes more grey since for some people (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hi Marc, since I accepted responsibility, I thought about things like this and I always kept exactly this specific example in mind. So now somebody catched me on the hop finally :-) As you may know, dealing with all kinds of issues regarding (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

Hi Kelly, (...) Either I'm stumbling over for myself, or somebody is sending an email or there's a request in lugnet.admin. These are possibilities. Others, like just posting a reply to a message in question and keeping it within (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hey Rene, Things look pretty good. Could we have a clarification on "glorifying violence"? Many (most?) official themes and AFOL MOCs have a level of violence, whether it be knights with swords, pirates with cannons, or space ships with (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

Hi Tim, Frank, thanks for bringing this up. (...) I like this idea very much. So the ToU could say (note 9.3.): Do not post information or material for commercial purposes which is not reasonably related to LEGO toys or which contains advertising (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) I think something like 9.3 While the ultimate decision on market posts rests with the Admin of LUGNET, decisions will be made according to the guidelines found at URL which should be obeyed at all time. would be better. Tim (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hi Bruce, that's a well justified question. Basically, this astriction arised out of the German "Protection of Young Persons Act". There's an addendum called "Jugendmedienschutz-...tsvertrag" (word-by-word translation would cause nonsense, but (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Thanks for the clarification, Rene. I'm glad to hear that the German laws against Nazi symbols aren't as restrictive as I had feared. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that no one has commented more on this particular update. This seems overly restrictive and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about LUGNET terms now being based on German law. Am I the only one that sees a serious (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

snipped a lot of stuff (...) You are not the only one with definite concerns about this change. I can understand that Rene must operate with the law. But LUGNET's (prior) strong stand against censorship is a big deal to me. So this change, along (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hi Steve, things are never as bad as they seem. Though I reserve the right to cancel s.th., it doesn't mean that I make use of it, nowhere near. And for another thing: Nothing has really changed regarding this matter, it's more clear only. The (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) ... (...) I'm not surprised. Administrative stuffs are not of such a high importance for most of the LEGO builders, collectors, etc. (...) Theory and practice. There is more than a gap between them. I'm quite confident in the fact that this (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

A few comments: (...) I realize that this was in the old version of the document, however I think it might be good to change it to be a bit more proactive. As in "By posting, if you are under 18, you are acknowledging that you have your parent or (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) I would be really happy if this particular issue would be straightend out. As have had causing a big problem with this myself, making clear what this all means would be great. I mean, I posted my MOC for sale in a theme group, with an intended (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hey, I guess I'm okay with Rene's description, but as Didier said, this will come down to theory vs practice. I'm sure there would be no problem with something (URL) a battle scene>. Almost everthing I could imagine would fall into this realm. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) You're right, that's not an issue, NFW. (...) I guess I know it, one could consider it as "bad taste", but as far as I remember, it was made too simple to be seriously glorifying violence. (...) It launched a discussion, but definitive is (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

Hi David, thank you very much for your suggestions. (...) I guess I catch it. Well, the basically (and let's face it: the theoretically) requirement is: "By using LUGNET, be at least 18 years old. Otherwise ask your parents for permission". If they (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)