 Administrative / Terms of Use / 588
Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
   Hi,

due to the fact that this site is now subjected to German law, there are new ToU for LUGNET.

NEW http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement

OLD http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms-old/terms-of-use.txt

Hello Rene,

The new ToU does seem more clear and concise, although there is one area that I think could use some clarification. At the bottom of the T&C block is the new (and IMO much-needed) sentence: “LUGNET reserves the right to cancel messages which not comply with the terms above.” Can you elaborate on how and when a given message would be cancelled? For example, would somebody send an email to you or post in .admin that they believe a certain message is not in compliance with the ToU? What criteria would you use to determine if a post should be deleted? Also, do you plan on using the “murfling” capabilities Todd added?

These questions caused no small amount of discussion a couple of years ago, and represents a fairly substantial change to how LUGNET is administered and perceived. I think it would be a good idea to define - before its use is necessary - how and why a post would be cancelled. It may save some acrimony later.

Regards,
Kelly