 Administrative / Terms of Use / 601
Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:02:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

snipped a lot of stuff

In lugnet.admin.terms, Jake McKee wrote:

   Honestly, I’m a bit surprised that no one has commented more on this particular update. This seems overly restrictive and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about LUGNET terms now being based on German law.

Am I the only one that sees a serious problem with this clause?

You are not the only one with definite concerns about this change. I can understand that Rene must operate with the law. But LUGNET’s (prior) strong stand against censorship is a big deal to me. So this change, along with the change to allow the deletion of posts at-will concern me a lot.

I’m concerned to the point where, depending on how this all pans out, I may or may not continue to associate with LUGNET.

Steve