 Administrative / Terms of Use / 597
Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
   Hi Tim, Frank,

thanks for bringing this up.

In lugnet.admin.terms, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Thinking on this particular issue I think I would prefer an extra set of market guidelines sitting outside the main TOS. What if Factory starts paying out an authors share? Then it becomes more grey since for some people the Factory model might be the only version of the model. Having a separate guideline means having something that can be changed to deal with new issues more than changing the TOS to deal with every new case.

I like this idea very much. So the ToU could say (note 9.3.):

  1. Do not post information or material for commercial purposes which is not reasonably related to LEGO toys or which contains advertising which is not reasonably related to LEGO toys.

    9.1. Do not post small ads, want ads and any other information for commercial purposes in discussion groups other than lugnet.market, unless a discussion group explicitly welcomes their presence.

    9.2. Do not post auction announcements, updates, or listings (“auction spam”) in discussion groups other than lugnet.market.auction, unless a discussion group explicitly welcomes their presence.

    9.3. For further determinations and derogations, see also the Terms of Service for lugnet.market / market.lugnet.com (URL)

Please feel free to correct misspelling or choice of words.

-Rene

I think something like

9.3 While the ultimate decision on market posts rests with the Admin of LUGNET, decisions will be made according to the guidelines found at URL which should be obeyed at all time.

would be better.

Tim