 Administrative / Terms of Use / *350 (-20)
  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) Consider this the help you claim you need.... 1. Go to (URL) and read. 2. Click on "New User" at the bottom of the page 3. When you click "New User", you will be taken to (URL) This page offers a numbers of things, including: - Complete (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) No idea if it's true or not, but in one thread or another I believe Jesse said that he posts from a library computer via the web interface, where nothing can be installed... I haven't followed closely enough to know if he's subsequently (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

(...) I have some problems with the rules (and apprently have possibly violated some rules without my knowledge). The first problem is, why should we respect the laws of Massachusetts? Not every person from Lugnet is from Massachusetts so we should (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: It is time to ban JAL from Lugnet.

(...) this is the type of twisting of words that is common from JAL. This is exactly why diplomacy does not work. We have tried being nice, and he isn't stopping. (...) JAL has only argued more when we practically begged him to share his MOCs with (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: My assesment of the JAL situation

(...) I guess I simply picked the wrong place to say the message, whether setting an example or not but you sent the profanity as well and you should have known better as well. I also used the profanity that I used as an illustration that I do not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  My assesment of the JAL situation

I thought my posts on this situation were over... After cooling down a bit, responding to some email, and re-reading my correspondence with Jessie which he has chosen to make an example of me with, I'll offer these words. It is Jessie, not I, not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) You seem to want to keep the arguement going, Mladen, otherwise you would stop the arguements. Without the arguements, what would you do with your miserable life? Where do you live, anyway, Mladen? Maybe over in where you live, more children (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GHLwqD.HsH@lugnet.com... (...) offensive (...) son of a (...) Lugnet. (...) response, and I (...) below... (...) <snip> I do not care what context it was in, I just had my 9 year old (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

-snipped J.A.L.'s usual BS- (...) And what creations have you shown us here on LUGNET? None. You can't install MLCAD on your computer and build your models on the computer. What are you, 20 years-old? Wow, I know young teenages who can run MLCAD on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) Why argue any more online? Does any person on Lugnet even KNOW exactly what started this arguement? I think that constructive criticism (which I have been trying to do very strongly to most people online) should be allowed on Lugnet. I believe (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) DO NOT EVER put those words in my mouth. For the record, I did not say the phrase Jessie stated. I may have used profanity in my messages, but as others can attest (I will not put them on the spot like Jessie has put me on the spot) I was not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) Thank you. After just ending my email 'correspondence,' if you could call it that, with Jessie, and reading these posts, I am rather upset. For those curious, I took my conversation with Jessie to email because I did not want it to continue on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) I decided to let that slide in the context it was said...but you are correct, Tom. <snip> (...) E-mail, too, has failed...sadly. I've been privvy to some of the mail, and it hasn't worked any better than words here. But Tom, this IS a public (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

(...) My name is JESSE, Tom, not JESSIE. Jessie is from Team Rocket and I am NOT from Pokemon, Tom. I was merely showing you what Tim Courtney was saying in a post offline AND these people have used words similar to those I said AND I was proving a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Apology for Jesse Long

**Note** I have censored Jesse's post with "@@@"'s to cover the offensive words.. In lugnet.people, Jesse Alan Long writes: <snip> (...) As well is NOT ALLOWED on Lugnet, this is uncaled fo at any response, and I am offended that you choose to have (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: A Confession and an Apology

(...) <snipped my daughter's sitch> I got a note offline from a well known RTLer who chooses to remain publicly anonymous for privacy reasons, and therefore has chosen not to post here. This person is willing to reveal identity to administrative (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: A Confession and an Apology

(...) ( AAAARGGG, I'm gonna half to have dictionary.com running non stop if this maddness doesn't cease, LOL! ) around privacy (esp. for (...) Depends on your own personal opinion... (...) Sounds like my house! (...) One way to do this would be to (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: A Confession and an Apology

(...) I think Matt touches on an interesting "quandary" around privacy (esp. for younger folks) First off, folks are welcome to tell me "this isn't a big deal so stop worrying". Because they may well be right!!! My daughter, who is 11, has an email (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: All your Yellow Pod fins ... everywhere?

(...) I read it pretty closely but missed the tie in to org.michlug... can you help me find it? Thanks! That would help explain why it was appropriate to that group. In Eric's story, he points out that his use of the web is recent. So I agree with (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: All your Yellow Pod fins ... everywhere?

(...) That's probably because people recognized that that post was appropriate for each of those newsgroups. (...) filter (...) I find it very disrepsctful to snip out Eric's very heartfelt story about how he came to find others who share his hobby (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact