 Administrative / Terms of Use / 331
Re: All your Yellow Pod fins ... everywhere?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:05:05 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie writes:
[ whatever ]

Since nobody objected to the last excessive cross-post, it happened again.

That's probably because people recognized that that post was appropriate for
each of those newsgroups.

From the terms of use agreement...

13.(do not) Cross-post excessively, since many newsreader software
programs do not handle cross-posted articles elegantly or transparently.

many newsreader software programs ... like the web interface. The yellow pod
threads have convinced me to stop using it, since it doesn't allow me to • filter
excessive crossposters.

I find it very disrepsctful to snip out Eric's very heartfelt story about how
he came to find others who share his hobby as 'whatever'.  Eric has very good
habits as far as posting goes; this one one was important enough to him though
that he wanted to share it with all of the newsgroups to which he posted.

This was a wonderful account of how Eric, after many years of searching, found
a way to connect with people like himself, who shared a passion for Lego.  I'm
sorry that it didn't warm your heart, as it did mine, and undoubtedly others;
but next time, please be a little more respectful when someone shares such a
personal experience with the Lugnet community.  A private email or reminder
would have served to relay your message equally well.

Christopher

FUT: lugnet.admin.terms

Amy