 Administrative / Terms of Use / 339
Re: Apology for Jesse Long
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tom Inosanto writes:

Jessie, Matt and whoever is dragging this out - Keep in mind you are on a
public board - you really need to take this war to private e-mail. Tim had
the right idea about mailing you, Tim undersatnds this stuff does not belong
on these boards. I, as I would assume others are tired of reading this war,
so I ask you to take it to email, where it belongs! You should be banned for
using the language you have decided to use, as it is a direct violation of
the TOS here on Lugnet. Ad if you have any quams, email me!

Thank you.

After just ending my email 'correspondence,' if you could call it that, with
Jessie, and reading these posts, I am rather upset.  For those curious, I
took my conversation with Jessie to email because I did not want it to
continue on Lugnet, and because I could perhaps have more luck with helping
him one on one than in public.  I was wrong [1].  No matter the method used
by Lugnetters over the past two months, polite, constructive, critical,
harsh, to mean, Jessie has refused to have regard for the community or the
nature of our discussion boards.  Others have made points off of this better
than I can (because I am quite involved here and it might end up a more
personal thing), so I will leave that to them.  I point you all to Joel
Kuester's post in admin.general about the issue.

[1] I also thought that a shred of decency could be maintained by Jessie,
but blasting me for my private conversation in public has also told me
otherwise.  Then again, I should not have expected better from someone who
acts like he does.

That's all I'll say further about the issue.  I'm tired of it.  We're
beating a dead horse here.  I'll end my discussion of this by saying I agree
with Joel that because of ToS violations and his disregard for the community
he should be banned from LUGNET.

-Tim