 People / 2521
2520  |  2522
Subject:
My assesment of the JAL situation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 19:54:34 GMT

I thought my posts on this situation were over...

After cooling down a bit, responding to some email, and re-reading my
correspondence with Jessie which he has chosen to make an example of me
with, I'll offer these words.

It is Jessie, not I, not Matt Gerber, not Mladen, nor anyone else who is the
antagonist in this situation.  He has repeatedly disregarded the LUGNET
community and the people who have kindly instructed him on how to behave.
Through email and through LUGNET he has attested that because of his
condition he has a special purpose and for that reason he believes he is
above our social norms, our ToS rules, etc.

As for my communication privately with JAL, it was of a much milder nature
than even I recalled.  I wrote him 4 emails in which I was firm in
addressing issues but never insulted him personally, and only used profanity
in one instance, in an illustration, not even directed at him.  He has taken
the one time I have used a profane word and blown it up to an astronomical
proportion in his drivel today to paint me and others on LUGNET as the bad
side.  I will not have my words misrepresented in that fashion.

My views are, because of the repeated actions of JAL, and his repeated
disregard for LUGNET as a community, he should be banned from posting to
LUGNET.  To add weight to my point, take his own profanity which someone's 9
year old daughter picked up on here on the site.  Clearly that's the reason
the profanity clause exists in the ToS and it was undeniably broken in this
case, this time with some unfortunate results.

To add credibility to my words, I invite anyone who is curious to email me
and request a copy of the email messages I composed to JAL.  I will gladly
send them and you will see my statements are true about my actions and about
his.

-Tim