 Administrative / Suggestions / 391
Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 21:57:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
There are a few people interested in running/helping with a continuation of
Cool LEGO Site of the Week, and I know I'm not alone in wanting it back. Let's
begin a fresh conversation on this!

Here are some prior comments:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=36146
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1720
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9930
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=8442
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9592
http://news.lugnet.com/fun/?n=617

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=35970
(I was upset when writing that post, and regret its harshness)

related idea:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9930

CLSotW's current home:
http://www.lugnet.com/cool/

Some issues to focus on:

- best format. Brainstorm!(What'd be fun, most fair, best exposure)
- how to execute it (working it in to LUGNET. forms? coding)
- who'd be involved. their roles.
- ease of maintenance, automation? longevity.
- relationship to the past CLSotW project
- hosted by LUGNET? votes cast as LUGNET members?

My biggest concern has been my lack of resources to devote to a new startup. So
your help and energy are really appreciated!

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin

for more volunteer opportunities, visit http://news.lugnet.com/admin/helpwanted

Great news!  I would definitely agree to work on this project, as I was one
of the most frustrated person to see it disappear!  Anyway, here are some
ideas of my own:

Format: I think it should be based on the rating of the site, rather than a
voting system as it was before.  People, probably only Lugnet members, could
visit the sites that are nominated and rate it on a scale (1 to 10).  The
highest rated site wins.

Runner-up sites should automaticaly be candidates for the week after.

While visiting the site, there should be a frameset so that the Lugnet frame
is always present, so users can rate the site while seeing it.  Also, being
a candidate to the LCSofW would automaticaly mean that the site's owner
agrees to have a Lugnet logo somewhere on the start page during the contest.

No more than 5 entries per week.

No categories!!!

It should be visible on the Lugnet startup page, as before.  It's one of
many AFOL's favorite feature and it should be visible.  Lugnet members
should be able to post comments on the sites that are competing.  Lugnet
should really be involved in this.

The major part should be automated, but for the selection of the contender,
the comments, pics and other things that can't be automated, I propose
myself, as I did in a private mail to Suz, to help out.  I know most of you
have never heard of me before, but I know lots of you as I've been visiting
Lugnet for a year now.

Anyway, that was my 2 cents.

Terry