 Administrative / Suggestions / 388
Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:49:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
I'd definitely love to see the CLSotW come back.

Same here. I'd like BimP to win one of these awards! ;-)

1.  I agree that every other week might be better just from workload and
quality of nominated sites angles.

I agree with T.J. and Bruce on this one.  But what do you call it?  LEGO
Site of the Every Other Week?  Or do you just keep the same name and
everyone understands the "real deal?"

4.  There's got to be some mechanism for limiting votes to prevent ballot
box stuffing.  For instance, in polls on From Bricks to Bothans, a poll that
I've voted in from a particular IP address doesn't let me vote again from
that address (granted, I could run around my universty campus and vote from
every available computer lab, but that would be too encumbersome to be
useful).  Alternatively, we could have to use our Lugnet ID and password to
vote, though that would limit the voting to members.

I personally would suggest that only members be allowed to vote.  Those that
support LUGNET should have the privilege of voting.  LUGNET is a great value
and those of us who have membership are probably more committed to its
success than just the casual surfer.  Using LUGNET memberships would allow a
one time only vote and would reduce multiple votes that skew the tally
(sounds like the elections in Florida...doesn't it!).

Suz...if BimP can do anything to assist, just let me know.

Those are my two-cents worth,

Steven

Steven B. Combs, Editor
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)