 Administrative / Suggestions / 384
Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:57:32 GMT

I'd definitely love to see the CLSotW come back.  A few thoughts:

1.  I agree that every other week might be better just from workload and
quality of nominated sites angles.

2.  Cool Site could alternate with Cool MOC, to get a chance to honor those
really cool MOCs out there that don't have a great site around them (or that
appear only on Brickshelf).

3.  Cool MOC would have some problems, though.  If everything was eligible,
there is such a huge backlog of amazing models that we could go for weeks
and weeks on just Eric Harshberger's sculptures alone.  There would have to
be some criterion that MOCs would only be eligible for consideration for a
specified time after they were first posted to the web.

4.  There's got to be some mechanism for limiting votes to prevent ballot
box stuffing.  For instance, in polls on From Bricks to Bothans, a poll that
I've voted in from a particular IP address doesn't let me vote again from
that address (granted, I could run around my universty campus and vote from
every available computer lab, but that would be too encumbersome to be
useful).  Alternatively, we could have to use our Lugnet ID and password to
vote, though that would limit the voting to members.

Bruce