 Administrative / Suggestions / 204
Re: Fantasy group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 23:10:26 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...
I disagree that there is little harm in creating new groups. While I am
definitely a compartmentalized dork, I also realize that I will really only
look at a limited number of groups (probably about 20 on a regular basis). • So
if there is too much compartmentalization, I will not read a lot of stuff.

I disagree, I don't feel that LUGNET is over-compartmentalized at this
point, and I find it easier to add groups I want to read to my newsreader
and ignore other groups, than to wade through extremely busy groups like
Castle, which I don't read because most of it is not that interesting to me,
and which seem to act as a catch-all for several subjects.

So my question again is do we really need a group to discuss Pern in? Right
now, I say no. If a long discussion develops and there seems to be a wide
interest in it, and folks feel like it isn't just a side bar discussion, • only
then does it need a new group.

It isn't just to discuss Pern, but fantasy subjects generally.

I think the most valid negative so far has been the question of whether
people who are right now discussing fantasy in Castle would move/copy to
build.fantasy, or would we end up with discussion in 2 places. I've asked
people in Castle to comment on this suggestion.

Kevin
NEW shopping mall kit, 1328 pieces!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mall.htm
TOWN Lego Building contest results: