 Administrative / Suggestions / 196
Re: Fantasy group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 20:26:48 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes:
LUGNET Admin wrote:
This is sounding like a good plan.  build.fantasy

Of course, this may invite space folks to request build.sci-fi... there are
probably plenty of them who would argue that sci-fi = space about as much as
fantasy = castle.

Some questions though to ask before adding a new group are (and some
good examples):

I have a different set of questions:

1. Does it reflect a type of posting that can reasonably be expected
   on LUGNET, that does not have an obvious home?

Sorry, I guess that's just one question.  There's little harm in
creating new groups, especially if it helps foster traffic that
otherwise had no place to be.

In this case the Pern thread is only the latest - there have been many
other fantasy-related issues that haven't had a logical home.  The
example that springs to my mind is the LOTR MOC's that were posted a
few months back.

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!